What's new

What is the significance of your Avatar?

Mine is kinda in honor of one of the giants of Badger and Blade, @KeenDogg . Miss him on here. And Jimmy Stewart was a great man, he made acting look easy, and the common man look like the hero that he is.
Hello Mr farmer, haven't spoke to you in a while. Still waiting for you in Jackson tennessee. Take care.

I used to have a Hopalong Cassidy watch!
ezgif-3-651a274662.gif

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Why, it's George teaching the roadie/manager how to shave on the mirror in A Hard Day's Night.

Good cinematic shaving moment.
Oh my. I honestly thought it was a picture of George Harrison and Frank Sinatra backstage somewhere!

That's what I get for only using my TracFone for perusing Badger and Blade doggone!!!

About 13 years ago I had a cardiac arrest due to blood clots. One of the medicines the doctors put me on was Warfarin. It was introduced as a poison for pest control mainly for rodents in 1948. Later researchers found it useful for medical uses. An anticoagulant to prevent blood clots.

There has since been new medications added to control clotting.

Hence the nickname: Ratpoison

About 13 years ago I had a cardiac arrest due to blood clots. One of the medicines the doctors put me on was Warfarin. It was introduced as a poison for pest control mainly for rodents in 1948. Later researchers found it useful for medical uses. An anticoagulant to prevent blood clots.

the-more-you-know.gif

I am ashamed of myself for not looking you up last year when I saw the incomparable @dmshaver . David is a great guy, but I'm certain that he is nowhere near as incredibly handsome as you and I.
I certainly am not! Nor do I pretend to be. I am simply grateful the Honorable @FarmerTan agreed to be seen with me in publix! I hope to share a meal again with you, my friend!

FarmerTan

Lol, me and the lovely War Department call it that too! I've been on it since 2006 when I had my mitral valve replaced with a titanium one. I had a frontal lobe stroke once after I'd been on it for a little over a year after an ablation. All the symptoms went away though so I don't complain much anymore. I'll be on the rat poison as long as I live, and hope I die before the hangman catches up to me!

Lol, me and the lovely War Department call it that too! I've been on it since 2006 when I had my mitral valve replaced with a titanium one. I had a frontal lobe stroke once after I'd been on it for a little over a year after an ablation. All the symptoms went away though so I don't complain much anymore. I'll be on the rat poison as long as I live, and hope I die before the hangman catches up to me!
Man, you have been through ringer too. Can the doctors move you to Eliquis? I was put on that about 3 years ago, don't have to worry about INR blood work & vitamin K restrictions.

FarmerTan

Man, you have been through ringer too. Can the doctors move you to Eliquis? I was put on that about 3 years ago, don't have to worry about INR blood work & vitamin K restrictions.
No, Eliquis won't werk fer artificial heart valves. I THINK there are 12 clotting factors in blood, and the medicines are not compatible unfortunately. In studies in Europe, on admittedly almost dead people, the new generation of anticoagulants don't werk on artificial valves.

One of the reasons I just have to believe in intelligent design......the watch demands a watchmaker.

Mine is Om, an anciet Hindu symbol representing oneness. It is also a sound that some people chant when they meditate.

Mind you, I am not Hindu nor do I meditate. But, I chose it anyway. ;)

To me, shaving is my meditation. It is one of the few times per day (however brief) that I can slow down, be by myself and do something with a singular focus. BTW, I usually shave at night following a shower. Great way to unwind for bed.

No, Eliquis won't werk fer artificial heart valves. I THINK there are 12 clotting factors in blood, and the medicines are not compatible unfortunately. In studies in Europe, on admittedly almost dead people, the new generation of anticoagulants don't werk on artificial valves.

One of the reasons I just have to believe in intelligent design......the watch demands a watchmaker.
Oh wow that blows. But at least the symptoms went away. Hopefully one day you can get off the poison.

Top Bottom