What's new

What is the one blade........

A Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade. I've used various vintage stainless steel DE blades, including a good few types made by Wilkinson Sword, and have found many of them very good, and some really excellent. However, I've refused to pay the prices vendors wanted for Light Brigades, and have not been lucky enough to find any in the wild.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
There are many.

When I just used Wilkinson Sword, I would use them till they conked out. When I started messing around with other blades, I didn't stick with them beyond a few passes, and so never got a good appreciation for them. Effectively I'm starting again with testing various blades. Here is my current assortment.

IMG_20171221_003303.jpg

I've used two, and got a third in the razor, but there are several I'd like to try that aren't here.

7 O'Clock Black
PermaSharp Super
Nacet
Gillette Platinum
Gillette Rubie
Derby Premium

As the ones I have got will last me many months, I'll worry about the absentees later.

What are the Gillette Stainless? Don’t think I have seen them before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After going through more then 70 different brands & models in the last 3 years

... can't think of any...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

What are the Gillette Stainless? Don’t think I have seen them before

I recently used a few I got from Try a Blade. They were pretty good, but, IMO, not worth the premium price. They were very similar to GSBs, but twice the price.

YMMV, but I didn’t think they were worth $30 for 100 blades when I can get 100 GSBs for $15 (or less).

There are many.

When I just used Wilkinson Sword, I would use them till they conked out. When I started messing around with other blades, I didn't stick with them beyond a few passes, and so never got a good appreciation for them. Effectively I'm starting again with testing various blades. Here is my current assortment.

View attachment 845948

I've used two, and got a third in the razor, but there are several I'd like to try that aren't here.

7 O'Clock Black
PermaSharp Super
Nacet
Gillette Platinum
Gillette Rubie
Derby Premium

As the ones I have got will last me many months, I'll worry about the absentees later.
The Nacet blade you have is the one
That's very hard to find, where did you
Get them and do they have more, I would
Like to pick up a few to try out.

Top Bottom