What's new

What is the G Bar plated with?

Looks to me like it's chrome, and good quality plating, but I stand to be corrected.

I managed to get a NOS Gem "G" complete with box, blades, cardboard shipping ribbon round the box and a dead cockroach in the box.

This razor doesn't get nearly enough attention. There is nothing that looks like the G, great design, and it gives great shaves to boot.

Antique styptic??

I always wondered whats its plated with as well. I own one myself, and i also agree that these razors stand the test of time and dont show much signs of age. For as old as they are i wondered why? And assumed it has to do with how they plated it? Chrome is my guess.

The way I view it, although the chrome reminds me of a toy gun, the razor shaves great and I love the vibe of the design, so I can live with the chrome.

proxy.php

+1 I kind of find that to be part of it's charm too. It really gives off the '50's vibe when things were made to last.

Reminds me of something you would see in the Jetsons. Or in one of the 50s B grade movies about alien invaders. But it does shave fine! I think it is my favorite SE, it's hard to choose between it & the OCMM.

For me it's just about the handle. I don't care for the handle on a 1912 or an OCMM after using the handle on a G-Bar. It's that good

Top Bottom