What's new

What is the best cleaner for A new Fiberglass Tub

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The title says it all,
Just wondering if you guys have anything that you use with out messing up the finish.
My wife is loosing sleep over it.
I have used "Scrubbing bubbles"
She is worried that it will scatch the finish.

I use Simple Green d Pro 3 on our jet tub.

I don’t think scrubbing bubbles is, or has, abrasives. It uses ammonia if I remember correctly. The simple green is also a blend of ammonia compounds.

Here are their ingredients.

Simple green d pro3
72B252D9-76C4-4B15-BCFD-D71E985E7D8F.jpeg

Scrubbing bubbles

05747812-3E6D-47D4-BCDC-7163CC50994C.jpeg

The title says it all,
Just wondering if you guys have anything that you use with out messing up the finish.
My wife is loosing sleep over it.
I have used "Scrubbing bubbles"
She is worried that it will scatch the finish.
I use a white Magic Eraser pad.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Bath fitters recommends liquid bar keepers friend. That is what my wife uses.

Their soft scrub is amazing. Best thing for mineral deposits on glass shower doors too. If I recall it has oxalic acid in it so I'd make sure to not let it sit for too long on any marble that might be around a tub or shower.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have a Maax Sax acrylic soaker tub. I use a sponge and Dawn, or any other liquid soap would work too. If you have an attached hand shower, rinse it out well after use with hot water and you'll rarely need to scrub it.

Once a month it develops a bit of a yellowish water ring around the drain. I close the drain, sprinkle some BKF in maybe a 1/4" of water on the bottom and let it sit a minute then open the drain and rinse it out well with the hand shower.

Thats all I've needed to do since I put it in over 2 years ago.

Spray bottle of 10% acetic acid/cleaning vinegar, with a squirt of dish soap in it, also works great on the stainless steel sink, shower curtain, bit of work on ceramic tiles and grout.
dave

I don't know how old the fiberglass tub in our main bath is. We've been in the house 17 years and nearest I can figure out is that it's from a remodel in the mid to late 80s. I use Soft Scrub for a good clean and Scrubbing Bubbles for a surface clean. I don't ask or know what my wife uses when she cleans it. We never agree. Been married forever and if I like A, she uses B and vice versa.

I can pass along this tip for those with an older fiberglass tub. If you have what looks like rust spots under the mat or in other areas, squirt some toilet bowl cleaner on the spots and let it sit for 10 minutes. It works without having to scrub....or having your better-half wanting to spend money to replace the tub. :001_smile

We use Zep citrus cleaner at our house. Granted it's an old fiberglass shower, but stuff does one heck of a job. Though working in an enclosed place the fumes get pretty bad.

Top Bottom