2 x lapping film substrates
28 x lapping film sheets
9 x brushes
14 x shave soaps/creams
1 x balm
7 x after shaves
26 x shave towels
1 x alum stick

Remember, if it's important to you and you can't carry it on you motorcycle, you shouldn't have it.

Last edited:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Two razors...an EJ DE89 and a Feather AS-D2
Two brushes...a Kent BK4 and a Simpson T2 synthetic
Two soaps...half a puck of TOBS sandalwood and half a puck of PdP
Plenty of 4711 cologne, half a bottle each of Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge, and a few drops of Mennen Skin Bracer
Blades...four Feather, about ten Crystals, and about sixty PIRs

All accumulated over the past 11 months, I don't think I have much. Let's see:

5 x M7DS's of SR's
8 x other SR's
2 x shavettes
2 x DE razors
14 x DE blades
11 x strops
15 x whetstones
4 x balsa strops
3 x tubes diamond paste
1 x lapping plate
2 x lapping film substrates
28 x lapping film sheets
9 x brushes
14 x shave soaps/creams
1 x balm
7 x after shaves
26 x shave towels
1 x alum stick

Remember, if it's important to you and you can't carry it on you motorcycle, you shouldn't have it.
I knew there was a good reason why I ride a touring model Harley ....

Shaving is not a hobby for me so my list is pretty simple: One razor (Merkur 38C), one brush (Simpson T3), two Stirling soaps (one scented, one unscented), three blades in primary use (Personna Lab Blue, Crystal and Nacet) and one experimental PIF blade (Viking Sword). Two aftershaves (Proraso and Nivea).

I use a ‘divide and conquer‘ approach. I keep my current ‘rotation’ in the bathroom (mostly in the cabinet) with my ‘stash’ in the shop (out of sight of LOTH)! So, things look ‘modest’ (by B&B standards)!
:straight: :straight:

I use a ‘divide and conquer‘ approach. I keep my current ‘rotation’ in the bathroom (mostly in the cabinet) with my ‘stash’ in the shop (out of sight of LOTH)! So, things look ‘modest’ (by B&B standards)!
:straight: :straight:
Same here. I have 2 razors, 2-3 brushes, 10 blades, 3-4 soaps and a few aftershaves in my bathroom.

My cache of thousands of blades, dozens of soaps and quite a few other razors, brushes and aftershaves are tucked away in my home office. No way the wife is going to see ALL of my shaving gear in one place. Maybe I’ll hide some in my golf bag. One place she’ll never check. 🤪

Same here. I have 2 razors, 2-3 brushes, 10 blades, 3-4 soaps and a few aftershaves in my bathroom.

My cache of thousands of blades, dozens of soaps and quite a few other razors, brushes and aftershaves are tucked away in my home office. No way the wife is going to see ALL of my shaving gear in one place. Maybe I’ll hide some in my golf bag. One place she’ll never check. 🤪

Smart! Happy Wife = Happy Life!! :a29:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

I also have about 50+ soaps and creams 10 that are in current rotation.
It looks as if you need about sixteen more razors to bring this into balance.

I have

1) 5 razors
-) Micro 1 Touch One
-) WCS 88S (currently equipped with the WCS-Charcoal Goods Toothsome head)
-) WCS 84S
-) AOS DE razor with a Muhle R89 head
-) Lord S-625 razor

2) 5 brushes
-) Van Der Hagen pure badger black badger
-) VDH boar black handle
-) VDH boar green handle
-) WCS pure badger black beacon handle
-) VDH Night Star silvertip
-) Parker BCPB

3) Soaps (too many varieties to list)

4) Aftershave splash
-) Pinaud Clubman
-) Aqua Velva Ice Blue
-) Homemade splash with Thayers's, rubbing alcohol, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and essential oils...

5) Aftershave balm
-) Nivea Sensitive Skin
-) Duke Cannon Ice Cold
-) ColeDapper Cedarwood

6) Alum block (generic brand purchased from my local Indian market)

7) VDH apothecary shave mug

8) WCS 315 razor and brush stand

9) Blades (too many to list)

10) Fragrances (too many to list)

11) An old Oikos greek yogurt cup (to soak my brush and to wet my brush while shaving)

12) An old d:fi extreme hold styling cream jar to store my prior shave's lather (for use as preshave)

Since I usually reach for my WCS 88S and VDH Night Star silvertip for my shaves, they are the ones on my bathroom counter. For variety in my shaves, I'll change up the blades, soaps, and aftershaves.

Eben Stone

Staff member
2 brushes
5 razors
18 blades (brands)
25 soaps/creams (most are samplers)

I'm pretty happy with my little collection. I'm planning on reducing my razors to 3, and ordering more soap samplers.

I have lots of safety razors and straights. My latest acquisition is the Blackland Vector SE. It will be my one and only used shaver, unless something better comes along....which I highly doubt will happen. For soaps and creams, I rotate MWF, Stirling, A&E and TOBS. I bowl lather with a two dollar candy goblet. I prefer Semougue boar brushes.

Top Bottom