What's new

What is a good blade pairing for a single ring?

Remember that the original Gillette single ring is an adjustable razor.

GSB's are good,
but mostly what I found out from trying different blades in different razors,
is that I have other razors that I like better.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
In my experience the Single Ring requires, and rewards good technique, but will punish you if you do not respect it. For that reason I would avoid the sharpest blades, such as Feather. I do not care for excessively sharp blades anyway and do not think they are necessary unless using a very mild razor that perhaps was designed for them. Some of course will claim their beard is so tough it cannot be cut by anything else 🤣 Try a few and see what you like is my advice but I use the same blades with my Single Ring as I do with every other DE razor - Ladas, Rapira, and Voskhod, and some vintage blades. I have also used Astra, Bluebird, and Lord Platinum, they all work just fine.

In my experience the Single Ring requires, and rewards good technique, but will punish you if you do not respect it.
Congratulations on acquiring a Single Ring. But it is a very unforgiving razor. Take your time, don't rush. But to shave with a razor over 100 years old is delightful! Enjoy your shaves! Try whatever blades you usually use. Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom