What's new

What happened to XPEC?

dunno, most vendors show as out of stock. not unusual for small volume vendors.
pm me if you'd like a complimentary small sample.
i'll never finish my tub.

xpec kent hart shorty floid yoresh scuttle april 25 2015.jpg

Thanks for the kind offer but I live in the UK. I was just wondering is XPEC the name of the company that makes it as well? I couldn't find any information like a website.

I'm tempted to buy it from Old Town and get my friend to post it over with my other stuff. But wondering should I go for the scented or unscented version. I heard alot of people don't like the scent of the original but then I don't like the idea of paying so much for an unscented cream.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The original XPEC was made by Forrester, Milan, who also marketed the Domenici Caracini 1913 scented version. The 'current' version is made by Effemarinelli S.r.l who also markets the Dominici Caracini 1913 EdT. They have a website That's listed on the XPEC container.

Cheers, Steve

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I'm tempted to buy it from Old Town and get my friend to post it over with my other stuff. But wondering should I go for the scented or unscented version. I heard alot of people don't like the scent of the original but then I don't like the idea of paying so much for an unscented cream.

Xpec 'original' scented is quite polarizing. I myself dont care for it, but the unscented version is a top performing cream for me

Add a touch of your favorite essential oil to the uncented lather when your feeling frisky and it can be whatever you'd like it to be : )

I'm on my third tub of XPEC Original (scented). (Granted, my first two tubs were "borrowed" by my older son--I'm glad he likes it.) I find the scent deep, complex and fascinating. One of my favorites. And the performance is always spot on for me. It would be a shame if this fine product goes away, especially if my son decides to borrow my last tub...

I'm on my third tub of XPEC Original (scented). (Granted, my first two tubs were "borrowed" by my older son--I'm glad he likes it.) I find the scent deep, complex and fascinating. One of my favorites. And the performance is always spot on for me. It would be a shame if this fine product goes away, especially if my son decides to borrow my last tub...

I love the scent, but in the tub it's pretty strong and a little cloying. Once I work it a bit it I find that it mellows into a wonderful, complex floral bouquet that's one of the best scents I know of.

I bought the reformulated version a couple years ago and I understand it performs almost identically to the original. It's an amazingly slick cream and I love every shave with it.

Yeah, but what happened to it???

Good question, it's disappeared before when it was reformulated. I wonder what's going on with it now. Boellis also disappeared for a long time a couple years ago so maybe it's just one of those things or it could be discontinued.

I agree. One of my favorite scents.

I was just wondering if its been completely discontinued or if it's being reformulated?

I can't find any information.
Yeah, but what happened to it???

Hi there,

Ahhh yes, the convoluted XPEC journey, which I was luckily a buyer of some pre reformulated scented tubs. The version spoken about became extinct suddenly for a couple reasons. I had heard one person purchased quite a bit from various vendors but don't know the whole story. I remember a few sellers being out suddenly, with no where to reorder. Can of worms for sure trying to track any scented versions anywhere. This was probably about middle 2015.

It had always been a hit or miss product with a website with usually nothing to sell. It was pretty surprising when it started sending new stuff to vendors. Been nothing for years then suddenly available once again. So I'm guessing it was around for a few years and then nada again for 2-3 years and then back from the dead with a new formula. That's what's been available and to me the two are different. I love the old stuff but not this most recent incarnation.

Now, y'all really wanna see how things played out with that company starting 4-5 years ago, there's a Limey forum called theshavingroom that has many threads on XPEC.....pretty interesting and often funny. I'm just gonna stop here with some good reading for you, if you do some looking.

Martin

Top Bottom