What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

ThePomadeShop-27.jpg

As I was saying, I'm using Lockhart's Heavy Hold pomade today and my hair is looking AMMMMMMMAAZZZZZZZZZINGGG! I added just 1 scoop of Lockhart's Heavy Hold to my dry hair, and I'm looking great. With a lot of people, they apply too much of Lockhart's Heavy Hold and then they complain about their hair being weighed down afterwards. You don't need much at all of this pomade. I use 1 scoop for each application. So if I'm using Lockhart's Heavy for three days, I'll add 1 scoop per day, and then switch to a lighter pomade after the third day if I don't wash it out.

This stuff gives me a really nice clean cut appearance. It looks like I got a professional haircut from one of the Beverly Hills hair stylists. That's what I love about Lockhart's Heavy. It's powerful and has me looking like I'm ready for the cat walk. Lockhart's Heavy hold gives my hair the "dry look." It's a natural shine, and you can't tell that I'm using pomade except for the gorilla hold.

anti1.jpg

Lockhart's Anti-Gravity Paste

Today I'm using one of Lockhart's newest hair products with their Anti-Gravity Paste. It's a water based paste that is like a lighter version of Baxters of California Clay pomade. It's light in the hair, and it's excellent for volume. I added 1 scoop of Anti-Gravity pomade to my dry hair. The lack of shine doesn't work with my blond hair. It makes my hair look dirty. I think it would be different if my hair was brown, but it doesn't look good with my hair color unfortunately. The look that this stuff gives my hair is pretty much identical to Baxter's of California and Lockhart's Heavy Hold. Not much difference. It's a better price than Baxter's. Instead of paying $22 for a tiny 2.0 oz tin of Baxters, the Anti-Gravity Paste goes for just $18.95 for a 3.7 oz tin. Murray's Superior Pomade and Dax Wave and Groom gives my hair similar volume, and they're far less expensive than Anti-Gravity paste. You get much bigger bang for your buck with those products.

Scent: Fortuna

Shine: Matte

INGREDIENTS: Water, Kaolin, Ceteareth-20, Bentonite, Beeswax, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coconut Oil, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Bergamot Oil, Citronella Oil, Clove Flower Oil.

belva.jpg

Madam Belva's Hair Rep pomade

Today I'm using a pomade produced by the makers of Royal Crown. It's a light medium similar to that product. Hair Rep has been around since 1941. It's a very shiny pomade. I like using this stuff as a topper most of the time, but it's got a good enough hold as a standalone pomade. I added 2 scoops of Madam Belva's Hair Rep to my wet hair this morning. The hold is decent. The shine of this pomade is what is really nice. It works well with my hair.

Ingredients:

• Petrolatum
  • Mineral Oil
  • Paraffin
  • Castor Oil
  • Lanolin
  • Beeswax
  • Perfume

reuzel.jpg

Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade

I added 1 large scoop of Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade to my dry hair this morning, and I've been transformed into a James Dean look alike. Such an incredible pomade except for the bubble gum scent, which is hard to ignore and maddening to try and tolerate.

I added the Pink without combing my hair. I went for the messy look and this is excellent pomade for that type of look. Man, this stuff is incredible.

Ingredients:
  • Petrolatum
  • Cera Alba (Beeswax)
  • Cera Microcristallina
  • Hydrogenated Rosin
  • Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2
  • Fragrance (Parfum)
  • Silica
  • BHT
  • Benzyl Benzoate
  • Lillal
  • Hexyl Cinnamal