What's new

What does Osage Rub smell like?

I took a second to take in my sample a bit to try and answer this for you. It has a bit of menthol and maybe even camphor odor to it, combined with an almost minty sweetness like those little sweet breath drops (possibly from oil of wintergreen)! Very non-offensive for sure.

Not much of a smell. Truly. The attraction here is the freeze/burn sensation. The scent is almost medicinal, and quite faint. The burn, however, is thermonuclear! Check out Chiseled Face. They have an aftershave that's right up there with Osage on the burn/freeze meter. Not for night shavers, certainly. Use it in the morning and when you leave the house you'll be ready to take on the day. :eek2:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If one splashes on an popular aftershave brand like Proraso, while Proraso’s scent is amazing, one will and can still notice a ‘medicinal’ undertone of the same camphor, menthol, eucalyptus… Thing, that Proraso has when it’s freshly splashed on.

While it’s quite strong in the first minute, that ‘medicinal’ thing, totally evaporates after a minute or two; and one is only left with that wonderful Italian barbershop scent that is Proraso after the dry down.

Flood The Genuine operates in this exact same manner, with a slight medicinal undertone which disappears after a minute. Surely, I’m not the only one, who is quite addicted to this initial camphor, menthol, eucalyptus scent and quite prefer and really look forward to it, because I know it’s only temporary and will disappear leaving behind the original scent? :)

This was my idea behind creating Bootlegger’s Green Freeze and Bootlegger’s Artic Lime Blast. Osage Rub is camphor, menthol and eucalyptus with a barbershop powdery dry down. All of these same virtues which can be found in the great Italian classics of Proraso and Floid.

So my idea of why not get that same ‘medicinal’ base and foundation and pair it with an American Classic like Mennen Skin Bracer? They are both the exact same green color, and the Osage Rub only gives Skin Bracer, the exact same initial medicinal undertone that a Proraso or Floid has?

And in exactly 1 minute, that camphor, menthol, eucalyptus thing dries down and disappears, just like in those Italian Classics; and one is only left with a Super cold face and the heavenly smell of the Vanilla & Lavender Summer scent of Skin Bracer. :)

Bootlegger’s Artic Lime Blast works in the same way, but with Lime! What’s not to love? :)

Top Bottom