What's new

What do you do with an extra $300?

Do you go all-in for a Type F?

proxy.php

This is a "Director" and it looks like a total luxury item currently on eBay. Back in the day it probably cost $5.00. No, I'm not going going RAD. I've never seen one of these before.

Do you go all-in for a Type F?

proxy.php

This is a "Director" and it looks like a total luxury item currently on eBay. Back in the day it probably cost $5.00. No, I'm not going going RAD. I've never seen one of these before.

Not many were made which makes them rare and appealing to collectors. Something about the marriage of brass and aluminum I don't like. As a shaver, it might be great, but remember the G followed and it's more like the E except with cheap plastic handle. The Type E with Bakelite handle is my favorite Schick injector.

I have a Type F, and it's one of my favorite razors. It is very efficient while being silky smooth, and the Art Deco case is a real hoot. Even though I consider it to be one of the finest of the Schick razors, it isn't worth $300. They were only made in the last couple of months of 1940 and the first couple of months of 1941. At that time, the U.S. government impounded all of the aluminum and brass supplies in preparation for war.

Top Bottom