What's new

What do we know about Vitos shaving cream?

What does the collective know about Vitos? I note the green is a tallow and lanolin soap, both things I usually like for slickness and face feel. It's priced right, too.

What about it?

I have had a shave with it at my barber in NYC several times. Its like Proraso. If I ever feel motivated to use a brush again it would be one to get. Hard to comment on slickness because someone else was doing the work.

It seems no one knows anything about this shaving cream. I went ahead and ordered some to test. I just got a small sample, only. I'm hopeful.

It seems no one knows anything about this shaving cream. I went ahead and ordered some to test. I just got a small sample, only. I'm hopeful.
I worked through a tube of Tobacco. Initially I thought it a bit generic and bland scent wise but that changed. Lather was always excellent but 500ml will take a while to get through.

FD84B609-A5AA-44EC-BCAA-72E1B485660E.jpeg

BF5F202A-EB36-435B-9B6B-DBA7C536C4C1.jpeg

I find it to be wonderful and better than Proraso because the post shave feel is better, more moisturized. I have the menthol, and it is great!

I bought a tiny sample of the eucalyptus, tallow, and lanolin cream for a dollar. I am going to try it this morning.

I bought a tiny sample of the eucalyptus, tallow, and lanolin cream for a dollar. I am going to try it this morning.
How did you like it?

I am not a fan of the smell, but the lather quality and post shave feel more than compensate, and my sons, 13 and 8, think it smells great. Ha!

How did you like it?

I am not a fan of the smell, but the lather quality and post shave feel more than compensate, and my sons, 13 and 8, think it smells great. Ha!
I need to give it another try, but here's my initial impressions: I use a straight razor most of the time. So, performance wise, it just wasn't up to the La Toja I'm trying to replace. In fact, Arko is better. There is not enough cushion, slickness, or residual slickness for my face. My face feels a tiny bit raw from the razor. I'll give it another whirl later just to be sure.

The lather was thick and creamy, but shaving with it the lather seemed a little dry. I added more water but it didn't help the feel.

I love the smell. When I opened it I wasn't certain, but when I got it lathered, I loved it.

I really want to love this shaving cream, but the only thing I like so far is the smell.

One more thing. If I were using a safety razor I think the soap would be fine.

I have never tried a straight, but those of you that do seem indeed to have a different preference for your lather.

Glad you liked the smell!

I had a sample of the eucalyptus a while ago. I hate to judge by a sample. I definitely didn’t like the smell as much as Proraso Green, a personal favorite. The performance was fine. I didn’t use a straight with it. I don’t want to invest in a huge tube that I might not want to use a lot….

Top Bottom