What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

10/10tired Nacet worked much better in PBOCS
IMG_1118.jpeg

Saturday Morning Shave-

IMG_0204.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower, Proraso Red

Badger: Paladin Sherlock 26 mm Tortoise, 2-band

Blade: Kai

Razor: GC OC68
Soap: NO Logbook
After-Shave: Cold Water Splash, GFT Alum, NO Logbook Splash

Rating: 9.5/10

Notes: BBS.The Sherlock arrived yesterday, very quickly I might add! It’s my first Paladin brush, and it lives up to the hype. @ChiefBroomand his team did a great job. This brush really fills a trifecta for me - I am a big Holmesian, love the keyhole shape, and I am obsessed with faux tortoise. She is a real beautiful and well apportioned brush, feels great in the hand and whips up an excellent lather that is applied in just the right soft/scrub ratio to the face.

A great all around shave, but probably should have used the GC68p safety bar instead of the open comb. I normally take Saturdays off, but I couldn’t wait to use the Sherlock.

15 Days to Indy.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeTreet Platinum (1 / 10) [1]
BrushSemogue Torga C5 Boar

Software
Pre-
LatherVitos Extra Super Coco (Kilo) [17]
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
8 / 10

Notes
Trying a new Treet this weekend — promising first shave!

Saturday's shave -

Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Pre-shave: Face-rub vintage Colgate barber shave soap followed by brief rinse
Lather: Shannon's Soaps "Barbershop"
Aftershave: Afta

My initial experience with the venerable R89 was mixed: For me it's a pretty mild razor that needs attention to angle to shave efficiently. My technique must be improving because today's shave was really quite good!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 11th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel SSP head with a Yaqi tear drop 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2022>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade and technique used. Excellent machining and finish QC. A person can accomplish some very nice shaves with out cuts or irritation with a shallow angle(riding the cap) I have found, steep angle shaving works with a Kai SS extra wide blade reasonably well also.
Had a nice close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (2) Sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier in my shave den.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green", a very nice natural scent that is addictive to want to use for myself + excellent lather qualities and post shave feel. Master soap creations of S.A where commissioned to create soap and fragrances for the Yaqi brand.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair ends, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very nice eye appealing handle with a decent boar knot for my shaving needs IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Sentinel razor with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 11 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Day 11 of all injector month.
EverSharp E model
2nd shave Topco chrome platinum injector blade
Palmolive for 1st pass, Yardley lavender 2nd pass, Aveeno 3rd pass
8/10. No damage done. I don’t think my tools, technique and these blades can eliminate the ATG stubble under my chin. However, they produce a comfortable shave in a hurry without any damage.

20240510_085729.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1922 New Improved Gold New Standard Set
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Quartz Vein, Shavemac Finest
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Plunder
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Ten.

Pre Shave:Hot water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel
Razor:Henson AL13 v2 mild
Blade:Tatra Platinum (3)
# Days Growth:1
Soap/Cream:Canada Shaving Soap
Brush:Simpson's Duke 2 Best Badger
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Nivea Balm
Weepers:0
Nicks/cuts:0
Sharpness:10
Comfort:9

Good DFS++ on a 1-day shave. 3 passes on face, 2 on neck.

Shave 05-11-24 v2.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Sukin Facial Scrub
- Truefitt & Hill Highgrove Pre-shave Oil
- Wickham 1912 Club Cola Shaving Soap (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Sukin Blemish Pore Perfecting Toner
- The Ordinary Skin Serum
- Floris Sirena EDP
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Steve Woodhead Pottery Suribachi Lather Scuttle
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (3)
- Semogue LE Spanish Shavers Boar

Fragrance for the day
- Floris Sirena EDP

Rating: 8.5/10
My third shave with the Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword and it was sharper and still just as smooth today, the first time it's felt bette than the Indian version.
It was also my first shave with this sample, performance is excellent as usual from Wickham (just below top tier for me) and the scent reminds me of Cola Cube sweets.

SOTD "Free Week" May 6th to May 12th

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Semogue Saturdays!

SV Saturday

Hello friends

Beautiful Saturday around here! I chose what I think is the soap with the quintessential modern barbershop scent: SV Manna di Sicilia, which pairs perfectly with the classic barbershop scent of Floïd The Genuine. Greencult 2.0 plate IV, the gap and high exposure razor I became physically dependent on. Gillette Platinum Light Blue (1) is stupendous with it. And crowning the event was my favorite brush: the might Pegasus Mistura.

With us, my friend Stanley Turrentine.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

EC385062-C371-4E69-80CC-765B50A4C9CE.jpeg
IMG_6898.jpeg

Top Bottom