What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

I haven’t had that problem, at all, with prior blades from this tuck. I think this one was down to other factors. But I’ll likely swap to a fresh edge next time, all the same.
Perhaps I should give the Dura Sharp better treatment than one-and-done. It's a good blade. Though, I remember it having a huge drop off for me.
I found that to be true of the Nacet in my case. Gillette Silver Blue is my favorite blade.
Heh, the Nacet usually gives me three or four comfortable shaves. Each shave is a little different, but comfortable. It just goes to show the "YMMV" rings true. :)

20240504_085838.jpg

Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star HR-14B Lather Catcher
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Badlands Shaving 464 Valhalla Purple & Pearl
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Grafton
Aftershave: Truefitt and Hill Grafton Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Ten

full

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1960
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia G5C knot 24mm
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Soap: CC 45th Parallel 🧭

Pre shave: Kyle's Routine, La Toja 🇪🇸
Aftershave: CC Land Ho! ☸️
---

Second use of this re-knotted brush was nice. Good lather building and comfort but still a bit stiff.
(a sister brush that was re-knotted at the same time in 26mm is much softer and with easier splay)
The 45th Parallel lather was ok but not great, could have been slicker for my taste and wouldn't allow me to work without dragging. Resulted in a couple of minor nicks.

---
2 pass shave, WTG, XTG
Rating: 8/10 DFS

Sunday Morning Shave-

View attachment 1841242

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower, Proraso Red

Badger: Pegasus Mistura
Blade: Astra SP

Razor: GC 105p
Soap: BM Spice
After-Shave: Cold Water Splash, GFT Alum, Proraso Red Splash

Rating: 10/10

Notes: BBS. A wonderful Sunday morning shave. I was on the fence, but intrigued by the Pegasus Mistura when @BullGoose first had them for sale. But reading @Beto Salatini ‘s wonderful reviews brought me around and when @BullGoose announced there were more in stock I jumped at it. I was not disappointed. What a brush, I can tell it’s only going to get better and better.

(For the record my May GRUME remains intact as this was ordered in a flurry of spending at the end of April, which after reviewing my bank statements, lead to my joining of GRUME for the first time.)
Thank you very much for your kind words, my dear friend. I'm very happy that you liked my impressions and above all that you enjoyed the mighty Pegasus Mistura.

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers!
❤️🪒

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cella Red
Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic Marble Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

Another Vintage Gillette Sunday morning shave. And another wonderful, smooth, relaxing shave.
I know, I know ... I'm a broken record. But, man, I do love these vintage Gillette Super Speeds. Nothing better. A great way to end up the week.

proxy.php
I guess it would have been helpful if I'd mentioned what razor I was using. It was my late 1940's Super Speed. :lol1:

Razor: Blackland Sabre Level 2
Blade: Personna PTFE (2)
Brush: Chisel & Hound
Soap and Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Reflection

2nd day using the Sabre, I have a feeling will be using this razor more than any of my others. I LOVE this razor.

Catie’s Bubbles Reflection is a wonderful soap. Its a very soft soap, the scent is amazing, the lather is slick and the aftershave compliments the soap perfectly.

Razor 10/10
Soap 10/10

I got fancy with my pic today

IMG_0590.jpeg

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Razor: Blackland Sabre Level 2
Blade: Personna PTFE (2)
Brush: Chisel & Hound
Soap and Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Reflection

2nd day using the Sabre, I have a feeling will be using this razor more than any of my others. I LOVE this razor.

Catie’s Bubbles Reflection is a wonderful soap. Its a very soft soap, the scent is amazing, the lather is slick and the aftershave compliments the soap perfectly.

Razor 10/10
Soap 10/10

I got fancy with my pic today

View attachment 1841399
It is a fantastic razor!

Top Bottom