What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

TOBS galore and it was excellent 👍

IMG_20240410_105654456~2.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, May 5th 2024

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian Variant. Mfg 1930s-40's, mid range. One of the best razors Schick ever manufactured IMO. When it comes to stamping out razor parts Schick seems to have taken it to a new level for that time period IMO. This is one of my favorites, if you have a busy life this would be a razor to purchase, quick rinse and let to dry is all that is needed and once in a while take a tooth brush to give a cleaning if it bothers a person. I modified mine to manually install blades & still use the injector blade injector magazine if preferred + much easier to thoroughly clean like the E1 variant was made. Had a close comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Schick injector(AKA=SChick) (7) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Speick stick. Nice mild spicy scent with some of the best lather qualities I have ever used IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" 24mm bleached boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Schick E2 injector with a SChick blade
SOTD May 5 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

THREE OF A PERFECT PAIR SHAVE

Three Days Whiskers

MUSIC: Three of a Perfect Pair by King Crimson, 1984.

PRE-SHAVE :

- Hot Shower

- Proraso Crema Pre Barba Rinfrescante (IT)

SOAP: Haslinger Aloe Vera Rasierseife (A)

BRUSH : Shavemac Beehive Orange & Bronze Silvertip D01, 56×28 mm (D)

- What a great brush this one!

SR: Gillette Executive Adjustable D3 1958 (US) - Perfect!

BLADE: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)

POST-SHAVE :

- 444 Alum-Block:

mild to medium feedback over the first couple of minutes.

- Aqua Velva After Shave (US)

- Floïd After shave Balm Vetyver (IT)

THE SHAVE:

Absolut 10/10

1st Pass: All WTG.

2nd Pass: XTG from East to West on Face. ATG on Neck.

3rd Pass: All ATG except on Mustache and Chin Areas where I went XTG.

Touch-Ups: XTG Blade-buffing on Neck.

Attachments

• 20240505_135421~2-01.jpeg
    20240505_135421~2-01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240505_135711~2-01.jpeg
    20240505_135711~2-01.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240505_141031~2-01.jpeg
    20240505_141031~2-01.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: 24K Gold Plated Brass Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Barbershop
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: Simpson's Trafalgar T3 Soverign knot brush
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Stirling Barbershop AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. An excellent shave!

Last edited:

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeTreet Dura Sharp [3]
BrushSemogue SOC Boar (Taj)

Software
PreThayer’s Lavender
Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherVitos Extra Super Coco (Kilo) [14]
PostLustray Blue Spicd

Rating
6 / 10

Notes
I picked up some irritation yesterday with a spot of thin lather and a hasty shave. I paid for it today, running back over the same spot.

Razor: Henson mild
Blade: BiC Astor (2)
Preshave: PAA Tube 2.0 (mentholated)
Soap: Chiseled Face Cryogen
Two passes, two lather applications. One clean up pass with no additional lather. Brush: Shave Nation Badger.
Aftershave splash: Chiseled Face Cryogen
Eyes are watering. Over the top with menthol. Yikes.
Overall: 7 out of 10. Feeling small patches of invisible stubble. No irritation or burn, just the freezing cold menthol. Everyone needs Osage Rub or Cryogen in their shave den. Grandpa's wake up call. :)

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeTreet Dura Sharp [3]
BrushSemogue SOC Boar (Taj)

Software
PreThayer’s Lavender
Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherVitos Extra Super Coco (Kilo) [14]
PostLustray Blue Spicd

Rating
6 / 10

Notes
I picked up some irritation yesterday with a spot of thin lather and a hasty shave. I paid for it today, running back over the same spot.

I'm not a one-and-done shaver when it comes to blades. But there are a couple blades I treat as one-and-done. The Treet Dura Sharp is one of them. Even though it's a great blade, after the first shave it goes down hill quickly for me.

Sunday Morning Shave Soiree

I am thoroughly disappointed in these Ted Pella Injector blades. They did not perform well in my
Vintage PAL and now did not do well in the HydroMagic. I got through the shave and you can call it
the high end of a DFS but on a third use I expected better. Replaced with a Hills Platinum Chrome blade and we'll see if that makes a difference tomorrow.

Eversharp Hydro Magic Razor
Ted Pella Injector Blade (3X)
Abbate Y La Mantia Fufluns Soap
Vintage Pure Badger Brush
Citrus Musk Rose Splash

4711 Kolognewasser

IMG_0549-compressed.jpeg

I'm not a one-and-done shaver when it comes to blades. But there are a couple blades I treat as one-and-done. The Treet Dura Sharp is one of them. Even though it's a great blade, after the first shave it goes down hill quickly for me.

I haven’t had that problem, at all, with prior blades from this tuck. I think this one was down to other factors. But I’ll likely swap to a fresh edge next time, all the same.

Sunday Morning Shave-

IMG_0173.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower, Proraso Red

Badger: Pegasus Mistura
Blade: Astra SP

Razor: GC 105p
Soap: BM Spice
After-Shave: Cold Water Splash, GFT Alum, Proraso Red Splash

Rating: 10/10

Notes: BBS. A wonderful Sunday morning shave. I was on the fence, but intrigued by the Pegasus Mistura when @BullGoose first had them for sale. But reading @Beto Salatini ‘s wonderful reviews brought me around and when @BullGoose announced there were more in stock I jumped at it. I was not disappointed. What a brush, I can tell it’s only going to get better and better.

(For the record my May GRUME remains intact as this was ordered in a flurry of spending at the end of April, which after reviewing my bank statements, lead to my joining of GRUME for the first time.)

May 5, 2024 Sunday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (4)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

This was an easy and comfortable three pass shave. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
Once again, the Overlander / Personna Lab Blue combination is excellent.

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_05_24.jpg

Top Bottom