What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Evening shave - 4/27/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Derby Premium (3/5) (4)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Solid comfortable shave with the Swing. This razor is growing on me each time I use it. It is becoming easier to use. It does not seem as "dangerous" to use as it used to do to me. Not a lick of irritation.

Evening shave - 4/28/24
Razor: RazoRock Mentor
Blade: Derby Premium (4/5) (1)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
Aftershave: Clubman Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Extremely smooth shave. Almost marble like skin. Razor does have some alignment issues, but as long as you know this and adjust accordingly it is smooth sailings. Closest shave in a good while. Very close to BBS.

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Company Worst Cabin Ever
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Silvertip 2-Band Badger
Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Claymore Evolution
Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (2)
Post-Shave: Captain's Choice North Aftershave
Rating: 9.5 / 10
20240429SOTDa.jpg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend
Brush
Paladin Lotus
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2, SB-1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am starting the week off with a different razor, blade, and soap. The razor today is the Wolfman WR2 with a Personna Lab blade. The soap today is the Haslinger Sandalwood Soap, the tallow formula. When I learned Haslinger was eliminating tallow from its soap I bought several pucks including this one. I am using my Paladin Lotus brush, and it did an excellent job of making lather. A nice smooth shave. The soap was excellent. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cremo Bourbon Vanilla
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Dorco ST300 (1)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 9.2/10

I've tried the Dorco Prime Platinum blade and really liked it and it was time to try the ST300. I received both from a forum member a few months ago. The 6C is the perfect test bed for new blade tries because it's a very neutral razor. The result was a bit mixed. I didn't think it was up there in with its bigger brother in terms of sharpness or smoothness. I'll try it again but didn't come away blown away by the blade's performance. But I also know that first impressions can sometimes be deceiving.

proxy.php

Monday morning shave:

Pre-Shave
Warm Shower; Cube 2.0
Soap/Cream
Stirling Intrepid Man
Brush
Semogue Owners Club Badger
Razor
Gillette Slim - Setting 4
Blade
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Aftershave
Cold water rinse; Thayers WH; Trumpers Lime Skin Food; The Shave Den Havoc
Fragrance
Rating
8.5/10
Comments
Three-day growth.

A solid shave. The Slim provided a smooth, comfortable shave. Didn't push chasing the stubble.

I have had the Semogue Badger brush for a few years but have preferred my Omega Boar brushes. I am rethinking that viewpoint as I have been using it in my rotation. While the board dig more soap out (and I prefer hard soaps), the badger performs quite well and the splay on the face is really nice.

Three passes and one clean up.

No nicks.
No cuts.
No irritation.

DFS+

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Monday, 2024

Razor : British 2nd Generation Ever-Ready Streamline SE, Mfg 1949-53 mid to upper mid range. well built to last Generations and works well when mastered. Used a shim(RIGS) under the existing modern spline of a modern Gem blade to mock the older blades that had thicker splines, it really smooths out the shave for myself and others. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild rose cream. This a excellent cream with the scent of roses + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi" Sagrada Familia" 26mm Husky synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Hard to beat this brush for beautiful soft face feel that does every thing for a decent lathering.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Ever-Ready Streamline razor with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD April 29 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Aluminum Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Barbershop
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: AP Shave Co Briar Handle 26mm Cashmere Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Stirling Barbershop AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. An excellent shave!

Monday Morning Speedy Shave

Rating: 9.7/10 Excellente

It wasn't fast but it was an Enders Speed Razor. And it zipped around my face like a Maserati.
Overall very nice shave.

Enders Speed Razor
Personna Injector Blade (4X)
SC Bignoli Liquirizia e Mente Soap
Butterfly Vintage Boar Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix

Varon Dandy Spritzer

866CD6A8-1F9A-4C20-A5EA-511468D63A41-compressed.jpeg

April 29, 2024 Monday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (2)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper (The PIF that keeps on giving, thanks to @Captain Pre-Capsize once again!)
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

This was a three pass shave. No weepers, etc. and no irritation. Super close and comfortable.
The Yaqi badger brush improved on the second shave and it seems to be a winner.
This was an absolutely fabulous shave!

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 04_29_24.jpg

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE
Soap: Vitos Red + Coco
Brush: Rudy Vey Boxelder Burl/Semogue C5 knot

10/10 two-pass DFS++ shave. This razor is a joy to use. It is reliable, efficient, smooth, intuitive… insert your favorite adjective. I’ve said it before, but, Shane did something truly special here. Can’t wait to see how he improves it in the next version.

Vitos Red + Coco. Bar none, the best soap on the planet. And Rudy’s beautiful brush just makes it better.

You’ve reached a special place when every piece of kit, soap, or razor, or brush, could be the “only one” for you. I’m very, very close.

Cheers, gents!

IMG_5466.jpeg

Aylsworth Kopparkant with Gilette Nacet (2)
Sawdust Creations Badger brush
Colette Classic Supply Co Fresh Clean Sheets
Thayers Original Witch Hazel
Lustray Blue Spice After Shave
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
9.25/10 Three-pass shave with a lot of buffing on the neck/problem area. An OC+ plate would push this closer to a 10
20240429_133049.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Schick E-2
Blace: Schick (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co.
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps - Lime
Aftershave: Truefitt & Hill - West Indian Limes
Balm: Truefitt & Hill - West Indian Limes

A very nice, close comfortable shave! I haven't used a vintage Schick injector in many moons, but the shave turned out beautifully. I sure do wish that T&H still made their West Indian Limes aftershave. 9.8/10
IMG_3995(3)(4)(5).JPG

Top Bottom