What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Thu 25
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Island Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago, ILL
Superb lather qualities...rich creamy and slick...smells great too!
This razor still with the original edge from DukeCity is awesome...among my top 5 best! Rating 10!!
20240425_102415.jpg

GRUME 25 April 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

1714042917239.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#53 of 100
Shave #9 and out
King C. Gillette
6 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter BARRBARR
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
CAS​
8.0​
1​
2​
Very Heavy​

Comments: A worn-out #53 gave me an acceptable shave, before being ‘banked’. Blade #54 will take over for tomorrow’s shave.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick (Dr. Teals used up)

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth, Prototype
Blade
Personna Medical Prep.
Aftershave
Thayers WH & AoS ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today I am using the next razor in my rotation: the RR Stealth Slant, a prototype razor. I placed a fresh Personna Medical Pre blade in the razor and the results were excellent. Today’s brush was the Zenith Manchurian. The Zenith is an exceptional shave. This was the 120th shave with the Williams soap. It is getting more difficult to load the soap since there is not much left to the puck. A perfect shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Morning shave - 4/25/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
I decided to turn my attention to the fantastic Swing razor this morning. I will leave the Merkur 41C along for a bit and return to it later. The Swing is quite the efficient razor for me and today was no exception. You do have to be a bit attentive with it so it will not bite you. I was successful at that and I had no weepers nor nicks. Very comfortable shave completely without issues. Very smooth and close shave just the way it is supposed to be.

HOLIDAY SHAVE

MUSIC: Aerosmith Greatest Hits, 1980, by Aerosmith.

Two Days Whiskers

PRE-SHAVE:

- Hot Shower

- Proraso Crema Pre Barba Rinfrescante (IT)

BOWL: Aluminium (PT)

SOAP: Tabac Hard Soap (D) -

Tallow free unfortunately.

BRUSH: C&S N 88 Silvertip Aluminium Handle, 52×20 mm (GB)

SR: Böker Manufaktur
Rasierhobel OC (D) -

This is a rebranded Fatip. I like its handling. Not at all agressive in spite being an open comb.
It shaves rather smooth and is efficient while not outstanding. So it can be a nice entry open comb safety razor.

BLADE: Elios Platinum Swedish Steel (EGYPT) - I kind a like this blade. But I don't have a definitive opinion about it. I have to shave on with it.
New out of the package it performed rather well.

POST-SHAVE:

- 444 Alum-Block (PT)

- Avène After-Shave Balm (FR)

- Floïd After-Shave Splash (IT)

THE SHAVE: Nice 9/10

1st Pass: All WTG.

2nd Pass: XTG from East to West on Face. ATG on neck.

3rd Pass: All ATG except on Mustache and Chin Areas where I went XTG from West to East.

Touch-Ups:

- XTG blade-buffing on Neck.

Attachments

• 20240425_125823~2-01.jpeg
    20240425_125823~2-01.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240425_131030~2-01.jpeg
    20240425_131030~2-01.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240425_133618~2-01.jpeg
    20240425_133618~2-01.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Proraso Green
Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic Marble Handle
Razor: Van Der Hagen TTO
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (1)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 9/10

I've used the Dura Sharp before with good results. Today the verdict was somewhat mixed. In this razor, at least, not was smooth as I'd remembered. Still, not a terrible shave by any means.
When I used Proraso Green, which was the first shave soap I bought, I'm reminded of how good it is. This tub is getting low and I'll definitely order some more.

proxy.php

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
ZERO/10 today.

I had seen reviews of the Vector that noted the head coming loose whilst shaving, but I disregarded them. Until today.

Moving around my nose, it happened. The head spun and I was rewarded with the worst cut I've had in longer than I can remember. Fully 15 minutes of alum application were required to staunch the flow. Now, two hours later, it's still weeping.

After many, many stellar shaves, I don't think I can keep this one in my rotation. Life is short and my meds make it unappealing.

IMG_5435.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Stainless Steel Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Soap/Cream: TOBS The Jermyn Cream
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: AP Shave Co Disco Handle Muhle 25mm STF XL Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with one touch up, one weeper (caught a skin blemish again), no cuts or irritation. Still a very good shave in spite of the weeper.

Top Bottom