What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Cream: Barbasol 1919
Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head - 1934 English RFB NEW long comb from a pocket set #44 w/ Personna Blue
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

10/10

Close and comfy. I was going to go down the line of Techs that I have but after shaving with the Hybrid I had to go with the baseplate it's molded by to compare. These were so very similar shaves. I feel like the the Hybrid was slightly smoother. The RFB Long Comb slightly more efficient. Both a nice comfortable shave. Highly recommend them both. I did use the handle from the Hybrid Tech as the #44 pocket set has a ball end handle.

Evening shave
Razor: RazoRock Game Change .84-P
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Soap: VDH(x+12)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Rating: 10/10, BBS
Boy that was a nice shave. It is amazing what switching to a more efficient razor does. Still a very good DFS this morning while writing this so it was nice and close. No irritation just awesome smoothness.

• RazoRock SS .72 OC LUPO.
• Iridium Super Stainless blade (3).
• Hot shower with buff city bar soap.
• Executive Shaving preshave oil.
• KaliFlower Citrus Cedar shaving soap.
• Omega boar brush.
• KaliFlower With Hazel balm for face.
• Skin Bracer by Mennen aftershave back of neck and chest.

Very refreshing Wednesday morning shave with the .72 OC Lupo and the Iridium blade (3). I really enjoy using this shaving soap as it lathers beautifully and has a very nice subtle aroma. The post shave balm goes on very well with no stinging or greasy feeling. The Mennen splash was a treat on this warm morning. The judge is awarding a very solid 9.375 on his scorecard as Alum detected a bit of stinging during the application but the post shave balm quickly took care of it.
Everyone enjoy your day and your shave!
D7C37D05-CA6B-4B61-AB77-661AF6F8D391.jpeg
FBCAE2C2-C0AB-4E9F-BD43-E7193C383EE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Date
365 daily shaves
158/365​
GRUYERE
158/363​
GRUME June
06/29​
SOTMC
07/30​
High Efficiency June
07/30​

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaGillette Platinum (7)Razorock 400
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Haslinger
Sandelholz

Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality
8/10 (~20 m)9.5/10 (Small spot post shave)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to these shaves:

General - exquisite shave with the Lambda today. Busy day at the office so I wanted to look my best. And I did.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cremo Bourbon Vanilla
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 10/10

Just a fantastic shave; unbelievably smooth and plenty close enough. I'd never paired the Rapira with the DE89 before but it was a great combination this morning, along with my favorite Cremo flavor, Bourbon Vanilla. A very pleasant surprise.

proxy.php

Last edited:
1686151944692.png

Razor: Yates 'Merica (cap modified by me for positive exposure with stock blade gap)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (7 and counting - no signs of giving up)
Soap: Grooming Dept. "Ousia"
Brush: Simpson Classic 2 best badger
Results: BBS --- no irritation and even my worst trouble spots got smooth as glass :)

What an awesome soap! The scent is powerful and complex and persists long after the shave - no need for any post shave scents. Incredible lather. I'm curious what would be different with the newer Ousia II (is there a III?)

The BIC blades have to be as polarizing as the scent of Arko! Except I have a theory that rather than just preference (or YMMV) it is a consistency or QA issue with BIC. The first several BIC blades I got had jagged bits of burr hanging onto the edge that didn't get removed during the factory finishing. I posted pictures in an older post. But the good blades without issues are sharp and comfortable and seem to last a loooong time. This one still slices thru my whiskers with ease.

First ever experience with a Simpson's brush and I'm enjoying it - but still learning it's secrets. I kept getting soap on the handle and it was pretty slippery but I was never in danger of dropping it. It's on the small-ish side so I'll have to learn the secrets of how to keep the lather where it belongs and off the handle.

Bad Kitty photo-bombing my shot :letterk1:
1686151902067.png

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Except I have a theory that rather than just preference (or YMMV) it is a consistency or QA issue with BIC.

My experiences Bic Chrome Platinum agree with your theory. I had some great shaves on two tucks I tried before buying a box of 100. With that, they weren’t face-rippers like yours seem to have been, but they certainly weren’t “ShArPeR tHaN a FeAtHeR oN tHe SeCoNd ShAvE” for a long time. Then I opened one halfway through a tuck and it was a crystal laser that would fail tests for performance-enhancing substances.

Top Bottom