What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Timeless ALSB45
Blade: Voshkod (1)
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Cella Bio
AS: Pinaud Clubman
2 pass WTG/ATG with an XTG on chin (my toughest spot). Great shave, the razor, blade, and soap combo compliment each other so well, just a thing of beauty.
CC89DD67-B71D-4233-B553-B24D4A584092.jpeg

Razor: Parker SRW Shavette
Blade: Shark Super Stainless Blade
Brush: Elite Razor Spalted (‘rotten wood‘) Maple handle with Full Moon Synthetic 26mm knot
(I love this brush!)​
Soap: Williams Shave
Styptic Pencil: Clubman 0.33 oz (I am still on an SR learning curve, but very minor nicks today)
AS: NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
Rating: 8.5 (Very smooth one-pass, but a little razor burn)

Returned from camping and showered and shaved this afternoon. This blue carbon blade just feels dull. I have a couple more and maybe I need to get a few shaves on it. The coated blade gives me great shaves around 3 or 4 also. Also knocked out another soap. No real irritation, just not BBS.

7.9/10

KM
IMG_20200517_123211.jpg

IMG_20200517_132446.jpg

Birthday Shave!
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (6)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise"
Aftershave: Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise"
Rating: 9.5/10 - I always get excellent results with Dr. Jon's. An underrated artisan, IMHO.
Happy Birthday MrSpeedy. We are glad you started your birthday with a great shave.

Birthday Shave!
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (6)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise"
Aftershave: Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise"
Rating: 9.5/10 - I always get excellent results with Dr. Jon's. An underrated artisan, IMHO.
happy bday!!!!!

hope your having angood one!!!!

camo

Razor: Gillette flare tip super speed
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Yaqi mountain lake badger
Cream:AOS sandalwood
After shave: Nivea sensitive skin balm

Spent some time today cleaning up this razor so I thought I would give it a try . I had one spot that felt a little irritated but not bad . First time I have used this razor in 15 years and 4th shave on the Voskhod blade . So I'm not complaining. I like the blades well enough to order them in bulk
Next on my clean up list is a bakelite tech
I don't see the super speed being added to my rotation but I am cleaning up razors just incase

Razor: ATT Windsor H
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless, 2nd Shave
Soap and AS: B+M Seville.
Brush: The ol' Fatso Super 2
Rating: 9 out of 10
Notes: More of a question. Does anyone find the Astra Sup Stain smoother on the 2nd shave, yet not as sharp? These blades are an enigma to me, and I like the sup platinums. I found myself having to go over the same spots a lot.
All in all, a DFS. Hope you and yours are well.
IMG_1944.jpg

Shave #23

W. H. Morley & Sons 5/8
B&M Fougere Angelique
Semogue 820
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
Clubman

20200518_062830.jpg

2 1/2 passes this morn. Wife was not up yet when I arose. Literally stropped off my dresser in the dark holding a mini flashlight between my teeth. 40 laps no prob. it was worth it....extremely close and comfy shave this morn.

for whatever reason....this razor clicked with me this morn. maybe 5/8's aren't too bad afterall.

be well all.

9.85/10

camo

Last edited:
Daily Shave: 18 May 2020

Razor
: Merkur 1904 (Weber BullDog handle)
Prep: Face wash with anti-bacterial soap
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Derby Extra (#1) 2 passes
Soap Proraso (Green + Red mixed) (using rain water)
A / S: Old Spice Classic

Rating: 9.9 / 10.0 BBS An ideal shave, no nicks, stubble or weepers. Getting ready to take SWMBO to breakfast.

Razor: Razorock GC68-P
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Preshave with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol
Lather: C O Bigelow Eucalyptus Oil + Cremo Original
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

1 small nick. No irritation.
Pleasant shave.
Rating: 9.7/10

Razor: Timeless TRBR38
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap/Cream: Cella Extra Extra Bio (2 days in a row, more thoughts below)
AS: Pinaud Clubman
WTG and ATG for a DFS. Yesterday, I posted in the “What’s your cream for today” with my thoughts on the Cella Extra Extra Bio but wanted to follow up here. I love this cream (in the tub). The light scent is great, it takes plenty of water, the slickness is really nice. This cream has moved into the top 2 or 3 of all of my “shaving soaps”. I just wanted to bring some attention to it, so maybe folks who hadn’t heard of it might find the info interesting. Anyway have a great day.
F87CB61A-F8C0-490E-BF52-07EACE68123C.jpeg

Looking to change up the rotation I went into the archives last night and pulled out the ball end tech. Tossed in a fresh Personna Red blade and we resulted in a VERY good shave. This thing is smooth, I forgot how smooth. Gonna rock this soap til it's gone and polish off another.

8.9/10

KM

IMG_20200518_063717.jpg

Top Bottom