What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap/Cream: Proraso Red soap
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (6th)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea sensitive balm.

2 passes, good shave, almost CCS. My mind was wandering off, and so was thee angle at the ATG-pass. Leaving scratchier spots on chin and cheeks. And one small red dot.
7/10 for me.

Score 7/10

A&E St Bart's performed well but I got a slight burning sensation from the lather so I don't think this one is for me.

Brush, razor and blade (5th use Kai) were on point as normal.

IMG_20210429_150037695~2.jpg

01 May 2021
20210501_054636.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream Of The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy √
Old Spice Original –India √
Old Spice Musk – India √
Proraso Green –Italy √
Brushes For The Shave:
Omega 11126 -- Today’s shave
Gray Dog-- Prep with Old Spice Bar soap
Blade For The Shave:
Derby Premium Azmusebat (from Turkey) 5th use
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Rating:
10.0 BBS Another great uber lather shave—using rain water, with no remaining stubble, nicks, or weepers. Off to work on a Habitat for Humanity rehab house today.

C990711C-CE13-483D-9E9D-6454009856BD.jpeg

Razor: Razorock BBS
Blade: Nacet (1)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: Omega Pro
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Excellent shave this sunny Saturday morning. I was unsure what I was going to think about the Electric Sheep scent, but I like it, and performance was superb. 2 pass BBS.

10/10

Have a great weekend!

Pre shave- a hot shower
Brush- Razorock Big Bruce
Soap- Proraso Red
Razors- Parker Variant (4, 3, 3), Facon Kamasori (touchup)
Blades Nacet (1) in the Parker, Derby Premium in the Facon
After- Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm

A relaxing long hot shower, with #63 bar soap, and Herbal Essence Birch Bark shampoo. A slow shave, savoring the moment, very enjoyable. Near perfect smooth face and neck, no irritation. Rating 10/10!!
IMG_1172.JPG

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis V2
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (2)
Soap/Cream: Arianna & Evans Barberiere Sophisticato
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Semogue TAJ Resin Handle Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Alum Stick, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.95/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. One weeper, No cuts or irritation. Nice Mindless Shave.

Razor :Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SP (3)
Brush:Semogue 1520 Boar, 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Cream: Palmolive Classica, red

Epsilon Amber After Shave splash

Two smooth passes. A close and comfortable shave. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, May1st 2021

Razor: Gillette old type with a tech fat handle, Mfg 1920's, This razor always humbles myself because the previous owner's did not have much because the handle was held squeezing the connection on a round ball handle with paper jammed in there to help give the operator some hope of a shave. As can been seen used a lot and yet the bottom is like new. Bought in a _bay razor lot.
Blade: Gillette Astra SS (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender :001_wub: nice bold lavender scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gillette old type with a Astra SS blade.
DE SOTD, May1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

A 48-hour beard today, and prep for my hair cut and beard trim:

Fatip Open Comb Slant (FOCS)/Feather blade (3)

Tabac in stick form

AP Shave Co. synthetic brush

Proraso Red AS, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

No shower this morning, so I washed up with Tabac and applied some more to cheeks and throat, then face-lathered with the damp brush. The Fatip performed like a wonder, pass 1 WTG, pass 2 ATG, pass 3 and cleanup XTG, leaving me smoother than I expected of it (and I expected a lot). True, I did nick my left forefinger as I disposed of the blade, the second time in my DE shaving career that a Feather has bitten me while out of the razor, but that's not part of the shave.

Verdict: 9.7.

Saturday- a very relaxing late morning shave, three-pass, with some clean-up, 9/10, one small nick, quickly sealed itself:

Pre-shave: shower with Nivea Men's body wash
Razor: Occam's OREN- two-dot head- I'll try and remember to change to the three-dot head and give it a go.
Blade: Feather AC Pro (5)
Brush: Semogue SOC boar- maybe a bit of a lather hog?
Soap: The Blades Grim Smolder- I loaded 30% more into this boar than usually would and the results today were the best yet with this soap. Especially as the post-shave feel was quite good. Not initially overjoyed, but a nice scent and performance has been improving for me.
Post-shave: cold rinse, Proraso Green AS splash, only needed small splash as my face felt nice from the soap.

Have a great day, stay safe, and enjoy your next shave!
PXL_20210501_154232599.jpg

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Wizamet SI (7)
Brush PAA Peregrino
Soap Seaforth! Heather by Spearhead Shaving
Splash Seaforth! Heather by Spearhead Shaving

Great Saturday shave today. I am loving this soap. Creamy lather, protection, glide and post shave feel. I can still smell the scent and I love it. My nose doesn't work great but I can smell this and my wife loves it too.

3 pass shave + touchups. BBS 11/10!

Heather SOTD.jpg

Today's shave

Schick Injector Type G4 - Schick 66
Schick Injector (1)
The Goodfellas' Smile Tallow N.1
Omega 10065 Boar
Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Rating: 8/10

1st shave using the Goodfellas' Smile Tallow N.1 and it was a good shave. Honestly I bought it on sale forever and a day ago simply because to the artwork (I'm a huge H.P. Lovecraft fan and Cthulhu). It performed well but I'll need to dial it in over the next few shaves. The only early observation is I'm not sure if the scent is something I like.

Top Bottom