What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Mon 15th Very Good SE SOTD!
Soap
Ach Brito Mogno 1st Use of New Soap👍👍👍
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 12th use👍👍👍
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Awesome shave today!
Was it the super slick and very pleasant scented new soap?
Was it because I strop the well-used blade on a chrome-oxide laced linen strop trying to copy @ouchyfoot
Perhaps a combination of all factors?
Regardless, today's shave was so smooth and so comfortable for 3passes even for the troublesome atg pass on chin and lips using this GEM without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves...Marvelous shave session. Rating 10/10!
20210214_232442.jpg

20210215_081135.jpg

47th shave of the year
Score 9/10

Razorock Caribbean Holiday
Muhle Traditional Silvertip Badger
Muhle R41 Muhle (6th & final use)
Razorock Caribbean Holiday AS

A lovely shave. The brush is still improving (it's only the 3rd use). Soap was excellent but got a bit of feedback from the AS. Blaed retired.

Soap: Palmolive Men Classic stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Mühle (1st shave)
AS: Nivea Men - Sensitive - after shave balm

Excellent shave. Now that how know how to shave my chin dimple (going XTG on that small part), I enjoy the result all day.

score: 9

15 February 2021

20210215_052017.jpg

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using my old Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using distilled water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Derby Premium Shave #2
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman √Bay Rum
Rating:
9.5 BBS Virtually no stubble, nicks, or weepers. Woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning and a record low temperature of 6 (F)--both are weather records for this date.

Razor: late 40's Gillette, 3PC gold tone CC
Blade: Trig Silver Edge Stainless (2)
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar, 27mm
Bowl: Van Yulay Honeycomb lather bowl

Soap: Wholly Kaw : Sandhurst

Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

An excellent three passes to a near BBS.
9 5

Be safe and everyone have a great day [emoji3]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: WSP Blackbeard
Brush: Semogue Pharos (This brush has been getting a lot of use lately!)
Razor: Karve Brass OC Plate B
Blade: Derby Premium (4)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Cat-o-Nine Tails Bay Rum

Two and a half days of growth mowed down. Very good shave, DFS/BBS. No blood or injuries to report. I am beginning to appreciate the backbone of the Semogue brush. It whips up lather very easily and can be used to get at a certain part of the soap in the tin or container. Blackbeard and Cat-o-Nine Tails...they sounded like they belonged together. Wonderful combo!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20210215.jpg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Feb 15th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar- MFG 1907-11, excellent milder mid range, very easy to use with modern Gem Coated blades. Very happy to go back in time and feel what it was like with a time machine(tool) and return instantly back to modern times:001_wub:.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, and predictable.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm - excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, good scrub & great lather painting.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- nice bright citrus scent, excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
Pre shave : Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard surface.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.-
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.(- 26C, 34 humidity reading)
Results: 9.5/ 10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.

GEMonday, Feb 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Charcoal Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-Shave Oil
- La Toja Shave Stick

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Hawkins & Brimble Ginseng and Elemi Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Parker 26C
- Derby Extra (1)
- Edwin Jagger Small Synthetic

Shave Rating: 7/10
I had about 4 days of growth so I decided to park my test of my FaTip SE Gentile with a 7 O'Clock Yellow and went with my Parker 26C. I decided to pair it with a Derby to see if the open comb razor improved the Derbys performance for me (it did not...). Just a single pass touch up but the Derby felt as dull and tuggy in this razor as it did in my Edwin Jagger DE86! No issue with smoothness and no irritation or Alum feedback but not a very close shave compared to what I usually get on a single pass day.
Went with La Toja today and I was reminded how good a soap it is (especially for the price). Easy to lather, slip and decent post shave feel.

Top Bottom