What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Nice shave today:

Razor: 1967 Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Vintage German Wilkinson S. Sword Sword Edge (4)
Soap: Santa Maria Novella Shaving Cream
Brush: DScosmetics 386 T4
AS: Clubman Brandy Spice

Rating (as per my shaving soap calculator): 7.43/10

The vintage Wilkinson blade (1967-1969) is a far far cry of its British counterpart. I maybe prefer the modern version. Another couple of shaves and in the bin it goes.
The Santa Maria Novella cream doesn't have the best scent (reminds me of a more refined Proraso Green) nor it's the slickest but it provides the best post shave among all my soaps/creams.

Today's shave 3 days of growth

Rockwell 6C (R6)
Polsilver SI (1)
AP shave synbad emerald 24mm
PAA CaD barbershop
Thayers witch hazel
Nivea aftershave balm
9.5/10 👌
20210105_114322.jpg

48-hour beard

Merkur Progress w/ new Personna Lab Blue blade

Combo of Stirling Noir & Bay Rum, and Texas on Fire soaps

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

A luxurious shave this morning after a hot shower and a little Texas on Fire as a pre-shave; then face-lathered, waited my 3 minutes, and away I went. Pass 1, WTG, on setting 3, then down to 2.5 for lower lip. Pass 2, 2.5, cheeks and throat, ATG; setting 1.5, lower lip. Finished with 1.5, XTG, with a bump up to 2 to reduce a stubborn spot under my chin. Once again I drew a little blood on my lower lip on the second pass there, but it ceased weeping by the time I wound up. Near BBS, comfortable, no irritation.

Verdict: 9.6.

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Knurled Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio + Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Skin Cream for men
Aftershave: Cold water rinses

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Overall rank: 10/10

Very good shave. Very close and pleasant shave.

YMMV

Today's shave:

Pre:
Warm water splashes
Razor: Gillette fat handle tech NDC
Blade: - King C Gillette (0)
Brush: - Duke 2 best
Soap: - B&M Diamond
Aftershave: - B&M Diamond

Rating: 9/10

Got to use my new fat handle tech today so that was exciting. I have never used a tech before and the introduction was well met! I would say it's smoother than my SuperSpeed but I think I overdid the pressure as it is WAY lighter than my Feather AS-D2 so there is a bit of irritation on the mustache area. I can see my future shaves being enjoyable with that one! A random coworker even commented how the razor looked classy, and I'd have to agree as I didn't think I'd like the gold but it's really growing on me.

It was shave number 5 or 6 on the new Duke and that brush sure is a pleasure to use! Even in best the hair is super soft and it had no problem whipping up a phenomenal 3 pass lather. I usually use boar at work but after acquiring some new Simpsons brushes I decided to bring one into the work locker.

The B&M products never disappoint and always provide a wonderful lather and a fantastic post shave feeling after splashing on the aftershave. Due to the razor sitch above there was a little more feedback than I'm used to but I do love me some burn.

The ring in the tub of soap continues to grow, and I continue to be excited to finish my first tub of soap! I'll probably shave my head later today (duty day, yuck) to speed up the process. Happy shaves all!

05 January 2021
DSCF2388.JPG

Prep:
Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using rain water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Shark Blade#3 shave #3
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman
Rating:
9.8 BBS For today, very light stubble, but no nicks or weepers.

Today's Head Shave :

Pre Shave: Ach Brito Glyce Classic
Razor: ATT SE1 Aluminum
Blade: Kai PINK Mild (1)
Brush: Simpson T3
Soap/Cream: Tabac Cream
Post Shave: Alum, Tabac Splash /Balm

** Two Passes XTG+ATG+ Tiny Touch Ups

Rating: 10+.... Effortless BBS ❤️

*I'm afraid that the SE1 might take the best razor spot...to me....!

Razor: Weber safety bar stainless polished head, with stainless Weber bulldog handle; "vintage" since Weber is out of production
Blade: US Personna "lab blue" in the blue wrapper, from 2014, I think (1)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24
Soap: Cella, in the red tub
Rating: 9.9

Morning shave on almost three days of growth. Perfect BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. Zero burning or irritation, but two small nicks under the lower lip, as usual. Great shave today.

The lab blue blade smoothly and efficiently destroyed heavy stubble today. I wanted to compare this blade to the Israeli Personna red that was the last blade recently used in this razor. From memory, I had thought that the lab blues felt slightly sharper but also slightly harsher than the IP red blade, but today's experience proved me wrong: the lab blue shave was 100% smooth but also left much less stubble than the IP Red after the first pass (WTG). Next, I will try an IP red blade in one of the razors (vintage Gillette TTOs and open combs) that seem to give me a harsh shave with the lab blue blades to see if I can notice any difference (hopefully an improvement?).

I am also kicking myself for not buying another Weber razor back in 2013 or 2014. This is a great razor with perfect balance.
I'm sorry I sold my DLC version of the Weber. The price they were going for was just too tempting.

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 L
Blade: Feather (2)

Brush: RazoRock 24 Barrel Tuxedo Plissoft
Soap: TABAC

TABAC aftershave splash

10/10

Three passes. Smooth and efficient. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.
TABAC soap and aftershave are really good.

Have a great day everyone [emoji3]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Tabac Tues 5th SOTD
Soap
Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade PearlMax Super Platinum (turns out to be Super Stainless)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Superb lather performance from the soap. Thickly creamy and slick. The scent is unique too.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. The blade is not as smooth nor comfortable but can be used to complete 3passes without any issues for a dfs+ to ccs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9/10
View attachment 1204370
I agree on that. I used TABAC today also. It's makes great lather and I really enjoy the scent.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1609861259441.jpeg

Brush: Chisel & Hound / 26mm V7 Fanchurian
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Paganini's Violin
Razor: Rockwell 6C / R4
Blade: Gillette Platinum

10/10: Outstanding today. The Rockwell is just incredibly effective for me. Like a shark, I smelling blood in the water for this soap, and I will kill it soon.

Top Bottom