What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wed 10th SOTD
Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Tatra Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Old Spice Lime
Cella Balm
Arko...one of the best...in price, quality and simplicity. Very nice lather...creamy and slick.
Shave with the RR Slant paired with the blade is like a satin glove fit. So smooth and comfortable. Still sharpish and efficient. 3 multiple passes and was tempted to do some buffing since it was so comfy. Some irritation on the neck. Good result between BBS to DFS+ with rating of 9.5/10
View attachment 1111370
View attachment 1111371
I see you're using the HD handle on the German 37. Very nice choice.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, June 10th 2020

Razor: Gillette old type with a tech handle- Mfg 1920's- this razor reminds me to be grateful for what I have because the previous owner had not much looking at the handle that it came with in his shaving gear.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP black(3) Great DE blade, sharp & smooth but longevity might be shorter than some blades.
Soap: TOBS Sandal wood - Great scent with reasonable lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock 24 mm Plissoft- I like using this synthetic still, great brush all the way around in scrub,painting & display. It seems to be holding up well after 3 1/2 years of use also.
Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results:8.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Gillette old type & Gillette 7oClock.
SOTD, Wed, June 10 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Timeless TI.95
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Blue
Lather: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Captains Choice Sandalwood
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid/Every Man Jack Face Lotion
9.5/10 BBS

Another great shave with the Timeless. The Voskhod blade pairs really well with it. Nice, smooth 2 pass shave WTG/ATG. A little touch up. BBS. No complaints.

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .84 P with HD handle
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Omega Baby Pro boar; seems to have more backbone than the full size Pro 48
Soap: Cella, red container
Rating: 9.5

First shave with the .84 P safety bar head after two shaves with the JAWS 68 head, on two and a half days of growth. The .84 P is efficient with no irritation for a quick BBS shave, but I have some minor (not visible but I can feel it) stubble on my chin three hours later.

Two unexplained and unfelt/painless nicks: one on the neck below the Adam's apple, and a larger one on the left jawline toward the ear. I took off a point for these nicks, but added back half a point as a bonus for zero irritation for a total of 9.5. BTW, a splash of cold water sealed off the two nicks - no styptic required.

9 out of 10
Pre-shave: Hot shower, Stirling pre-shave soap face wash, Proraso green pre-shave balm
Razor: The Blackboid, 3rd shave
Blade: Personna Lab Blue, 1st shave
Brush: Mandschurei Mollig Zwei
Cream: Simpsons Luxury Unscented
AS: Proraso Green Splash

Notes: This shave was on the 2nd day, and it was one of the best I've ever had. LOVE the Blackbird. Awesome.

Last edited:
Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
L'Occitane Cedrat balm
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating: 10
PSX_20200512_172110.jpg

hardware - Merkur 34c HD
blade - Bolzano (3)
brush - Omega boar
soap - Stirling Soaps Island Man
After - PAA Mysterium Serum w/Menthol
Rate - 8.5/10

One.5 passes & touchups, Very nice shave but this blade reminds me of the pac man game. Imagine having that little guy munching on your beard hairs. Compare that to a feather which reminds me of a hot knife cutting through butter. mmmmm butter....

Razor: Gillette Single Ring Old Type Open Comb
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter
Brush: Rudy Vey Design Handle with Synbad Synthetic knot (First time using! Awesome!)
Soap: Williams Shave
After Shave:
Proraso Blue Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E - immediately after my shave
Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm - about an hour after the shave
Rating:7.7/10
My new Rudy Vey brush was awesome! Lathered great. Nice size. This was my second time using my Old Type Gillette. It started out great on both my cheeks and under my jaw. Then it started grabbing and I ended up with several nicks. Maybe I was applying too much pressure or the Nacet blade is not the correct blade. (Ironically, the Nacet seems too mild in my EJ89.) Or maybe the razor is just to aggressive for my liking. Also some razor burn again, thus the two AS applications.​

Last edited:
Wednesday_Night_Shave.JPG

Soap: Mistral Teak Wood Bar Soap
Cologne: Mistral Teak Wood
Razor: Boker King Cutter
Brush: Edwin Jagger
Bowl: Shave Nation "Bumpy" Indestructibowl
Cream: Cuore di Pepe Nero Black Pepper
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger
Moisturizer: The Holy Black Moisturizing Lotion
Rating: A very solid 9

Felt like a spa treatment. Wonderful smells, great post-shave feel, looking forward to the next shave.

IMG_3387.jpg

Karve CB (OCE, SBC)
Gillette Wilson Sword (5)
Simpsons Chubby 2 - Two Band Silvertip Badger
PAA Scuttle

Asylum Shave Works - English Collection Aloe
Thayers Witchhazel [emoji257]
Burke Avenue 3 in 1 Face Balm

1st Pass (WTG) - OCE plate
2nd Pass (XTG) - SBC plate
3rd pass (ATG) - SBC plate
Touch ups with SBC plate

Beautiful shave as always with my brass Karve Christopher Bradley. The open comb on E easily mows down majority of my 4 day growth. I change it up to the C solid bar for a smooth and comfortable shave from there.

No nicks, cuts, or irritation. A great shave as always from the Karve

9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200610
20200610_173639~2.jpg

Razor: Personna "BBS-0", CG Copper Maze Handle
Blade: Kai (3)
Brush: Epsilon 54/26mm STF
Cream: Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

The Personna "BBS-0" is a great razor. Efficient and smooth - a pleasure to use. When I list my absolute favorite razors, the Personna "BBS-0" is definitely on that list.

Rocking The Veg today. Wednesday is The Veg Day! :)

Excellent shave!

6/8 Wade & Butcher
D.R. Harris Windsor
24mm Graydog Boar
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
Pinaud Clubman

20200611_061456.jpg

2 1/2 passes this morn. First go with a razor ran on the balsa strops. smooth as hades. I dont think naked lady fairy nymphs by the river side could have made this any smoother. ive also concluded that contrary to popular choice, i like Harris soaps with SR shaving. when way over hydrated....provides the fluff and fat feel with slickness......with zero cushion (which I like.)

be well all.

10/10

camo

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Green Permasharp Stainless (2)
Brush: Semogue 830 Oink Oink 🐷
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere (sample)
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Shave/Results: 2 pass WTG and ATG for a DFS. I’m definitely an MDC fanboy. The Fougere is nice, but I prefer the Rose. My buddy decided to watch my shaving rituals today. She didn’t seem impressed!! Have a great day.
Tim
View attachment 1111338View attachment 1111337
My big black cat likes to supervise me when I'm brushing my teeth, but I don;t encourage him being up on the counter when I'm shaving. And he hasn't shown any real interest in being there then.

Top Bottom