What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: 24K Gold Plated Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap: Stirling Varen
Bowl: HC&C Rounded Polished Stainless Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co Ivory & Rose Gold Fleck Handle 26mm SynBad Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 10/10 Three pass BBS shave with one touch up. No weepers, cuts or irritation. An excellent efficient shave. No complaints or criticisms.

Today's shave #37
Prep: Warm shower with Pre de Provence Artisanal French Soap Bar Enriched with Shea Butter, Sandalwood
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Rudy Vey Lemon Drop with 25mm MÜHLE STF synthetic knot
Bowl: Fine
Razor: 2022 Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Post: Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Gel-Cream with Hyaluronic Acid for Extra-Dry Skin
Frag: Creed Aventus

Result: 1st pass wtg, clean-up pass xtg/atg, no nicks, cuts, one (1) tiny weeper DFS+++

Rating: 9.8/10-Three (3) new to me items for today's shave: 2022 Rocnel Sailor, Wizamet Super Iridium blade, and the Rudy Vey Lemon Drop brush. The shave was smooth and easy and this razor has some noticeable heft to it. The Rudy Vey brush is awesome, thanks Rudy! I assume the Wiz blades are up there on the sharp scale but what I didn't expect was the efficiency (for me) of this razor. I had the blade at the least aggressive setting which means it is set LESS < than the zero dot. This is the third (3rd) time I have gotten a weeper since starting this wet shaving three (3) months ago. I should probably just call this a BBS shave as I can't imagine getting any closer/smoother. I also can't imagine (for me) cranking this thing up to 10 as @chan-eil-whiskers did on his Sailor explorations. I would probably go SR before doing that!

IMG_3567.jpeg

Please heal soon, @Guido75 A BBS without comfort isn’t fun. Reminded myself last night, only without the BBS.
Thanks my man. Appreciated. Aftershave closed all weepers and nicks, but I do still feel a residual burn. Still BBS even though it’s almost 5PM in my part of the world. I opt for a Gentile for tomorrow, but maybe it is just my OCB in wanting to tame this razor/blade combination.

We will see. Either we win or we learn something my sensei always says 😁.

Cheers,

Guido

Tuesday, May 3rd 2022

This morning I had some spare time in the bathroom, so I started a little experiment. After the excellent shave yesterday, I decided to leave the Feather blade for a fifth use inside the beast. This was my setup:
  • Preshave: Proraso green refresh Preshave
  • Razor: Mühle R41, four passes (WTG-XTG1-XTG2-ATG) + minor corrections on my jaws
  • Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless (#5)
  • Shaving Cream: D.R. Harris Windsor
  • Brush: Dr. Dittmann silvertip
  • Bowl: Mühle black porcelain
  • AS: Pitralon Classic
  • ASB: Nivea Men Sensitive Balm
  • Frag: D.R. Harris Windsor EdT Spray.
The 5th use of the feather blade was as smooth as yesterday with no harshness at all. The outstanding comfort and lastingness of today's shave leads me to a rare 9.9/10.
For R41-enthusiasts it should be considered to give a brand new Feather blade it's first ride in an R89-razorhead or similar before loading it into the beast.
Cuagn

May 3

Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum (5)
Brush: SOC Mistura with cherry handle
Soap: Klar Seifen
A/S: DIY Lavender witch hazel, Proraso Red splash
EdC: Clubman Vanilla

Aromatic DFS+

Excellent and enjoyable lather from the SOC Mistura & Klar Seifen combo. I think I could get used to this.
:001_wub:

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
RazoRock BBS open comb
Gillette Platinum 1st use
PAA cube
Turtle Ship Tejava soap. OK, but not among my favorites.
DSC adjustable badger brush. They make adjustable razors. Why not an adjustable brush? Actually the brush had a nice dense knot. The outer sleeve unscrews to move up the knot and increase the backbone. I left it at the bottom setting. You should see my huge collection of
“As seen on TV products”.😂
Thayers witch hazel
Proraso green aftershave
Proraso white balm
Alum feedback. Face-0. Neck-almost 0.
This was the smoothest shave I’ve had in a long time. And close enough too.
9.5/10

5E67E4DE-898A-431B-954A-E6CE44B3D93D.jpeg

photostudio_1651525134874.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Rating Ten

View attachment 1449807
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Rating Ten
Dave that Timeless Bronze has a nice patina going on.:thumbup: Mine is still too new with not enough use so I'll try to remedy that!

Tabac Tuesday late morning SOTD- two and 1/2 passes resulted in an easy, lovely shave; DFS+, 9+/10, very close, smooth, and trouble free:

Razor: Supply 2.0 injector w/ SE plate
Blade: Supply Black label injector (4)- still cutting well
Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 in Best
Post: cold rinse, then some Captain's Choice Venture AS, a lovely scent

Have a wonderful rest of the week

PXL_20220503_193051767.MP.jpg

Mitchell’s Wool Fat soap
Kent BK4 Silvertip Badger brush
1967 Gillette Slim Adjustable razor
Wilkinson Sword razor blade (6)
Wickham 1912 English Rose Post Shave Balm

Two passes on face, three on neck. Not quite as good as yesterday’s three passes all around, so I’ll say a 9.8/10.

First use of the Kent BK4 brush. It whipped up as much lather as the Simpson Trafalgar synthetic. I always thought that it was the synthetic bristles of the Simpson that made oodles of lather, but maybe English brushes are made for English soap.

Tomorrow, I’m going to try my Semogue boar brush and the next day my Parker silvertip badger to see if I simply now have the golden touch to make overflowing amounts of lather, or if it’s those particular English brushes that have the capability. Perhaps it’s the softeness of the bristles, because the BK4 is every bit as soft as the Trafalgar synthetic.

1C59CFE2-7EB1-40B4-BA72-063C57F6F75A.jpeg

Tuesday, May 3rd 2022

This morning I had some spare time in the bathroom, so I started a little experiment. After the excellent shave yesterday, I decided to leave the Feather blade for a fifth use inside the beast. This was my setup:
  • Preshave: Proraso green refresh Preshave
  • Razor: Mühle R41, four passes (WTG-XTG1-XTG2-ATG) + minor corrections on my jaws
  • Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless (#5)
  • Shaving Cream: D.R. Harris Windsor
  • Brush: Dr. Dittmann silvertip
  • Bowl: Mühle black porcelain
  • AS: Pitralon Classic
  • ASB: Nivea Men Sensitive Balm
  • Frag: D.R. Harris Windsor EdT Spray.
The 5th use of the feather blade was as smooth as yesterday with no harshness at all. The outstanding comfort and lastingness of today's shave leads me to a rare 9.9/10.
For R41-enthusiasts it should be considered to give a brand new Feather blade it's first ride in an R89-razorhead or similar before loading it into the beast.
Cuagn
I’m impressed…..I can only get about 3 comfortable shaves when partnered with my R-41. Good job!

My Tuesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower, two days growth
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Merkur Progress Model 510 (#3)​
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)​
Pre-Shave: None​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele with 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Unscented​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
8.0/10

Top Bottom