What's new

What are you guys using for polishing

I have a - let's just say "well-to-do" aunt and uncle who are moving from their current home in Illinois to Arizona and don't want to bring everything with them (not sure how many square feet their house is, but purchase price was over $1 mil) so I have gotten a few hand-me-downs recently - among them was this very nice polisher (Arbe SS-206) with a built-in dust collector and a nice selection of buffs and compounds. My aunt dabbled in jewelry making for a short time I guess. Got me curious what the rest of you fellows are using.

md_494dd9_206.JPG

Dremel with these.

dremelfelt.jpg

And

Lappaste.JPG

As long as your aware of safety and take precautions, it works really well.

Does for scales and blades.

10" dual speed bench buffer. This picture shows it with a worn scotchbright wheel and a disc sander attachment that I made for it. Its a sweet buffer and gets a lot of action.

IMG_20140814_135926211.jpg

I use 200, 600, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500 grit wet/dry sand paper rolled on a wine cork on knives and razor for a mirror finish followed by Mothers Metal Polish. While I like clean blades, I do not want to ruin any etchings and branding on the shoulders.

I use 200, 600, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500 grit wet/dry sand paper rolled on a wine cork on knives and razor for a mirror finish followed by Mothers Metal Polish. While I like clean blades, I do not want to ruin any etchings and branding on the shoulders.
This method does not damage etching?

timwcic

"Look what I found"
This has been by rig for all polishing for many years, all homemade. A safety tip, a towel draped under to catch anything that might be thrown. No matter how careful, it will happen one day

3536BDD7-5DE2-4421-AE48-11AE3C9DF7C1.jpeg

Top Bottom