What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Got an early start, today I'm definitely a glass half full kinda guy

IMG_0248.jpeg

Tonight it was Ketel One on the rocks with a wedge of lime. Two very healthy pours. Had to stop after two, or was it three. Now I can't remember. I've become a lightweight.

Ron Matusalem 15 Anos rum and Mexican Coke--lime, cinnamon stick, Angostura bitters. I had to try this rum for a long time. Full-flavored, butterscotch, oak, carmel, molasses. Solera method, to the 15 year designation is sort of shakey.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Mineral water at the moment but had some lovely moonshine this afternoon. And I’m serious. The stuff was actually very good. Someone knows how to make whiskey.

Monkey Shoulder scotch. I had been wanting to try it, and I'll say I enjoy it. A friend seemed to prefer the much more peaty single match scotches, but this one is smoother. Plus, it has the flexibility of being used for cocktails (which I haven't yet tried).

Mother’s Day cookout. Had a Sweetwater G13 420 Strain IPA before eating. After sampling a bunch of tapas prepared by my SIL, I tried a mouthful of my wife’s pour of Groth Cab 2005. It was great, but I wasn’t feeling a full pour. After desert, though, the SIL uncorked Weller Full Proof. I had a small pour with a small cube. Caramel is the predominate note. Very nice.

Top Bottom