What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Finally got around to getting the area around the whisky closet cleaned up, so it's time for an Old Pulteney 12 to celebrate.

Attachments

• 20211110_204141.jpg
    20211110_204141.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
just a wee bit of Basil Hayden's Rye

thanks to Clive & Lucille from the UK for the Czech blown glasses that arrived today.

be well all.

camo
How do you find this one? I have a soft spot for Basil Hayden, as it got me into bourbon. Though now I find it a bit thin. I've never picked up any of their other versions.

I had a pour of OF1910 last evening. I last had this in an old fashion, and noted the cocktail tasted a lot like sweet tea. Well, I found a lot of tea flavor in this neat as well.

How do you find this one? I have a soft spot for Basil Hayden, as it got me into bourbon. Though now I find it a bit thin. I've never picked up any of their other versions.

I had a pour of OF1910 last evening. I last had this in an old fashion, and noted the cocktail tasted a lot like sweet tea. Well, I found a lot of tea flavor in this neat as well.

found it very dark in color and nearing the sweeter side. I'm not the best with descriptions. I could faintly taste the port that was used in the background.

good stuff would buy again.......especially if on sale at local grocery store!!!!!

camo

I guess I better catch up! Wednesday I had Sazarac rye which I like enough to have bought another bottle. Last night a bit of WT101, and tonight I'm pouring Laphroaig Ten.
For some reason, perhaps because the bourbon shelf at the store was almost empty, I bought a bottle of High West whiskey. Based upon reviews, I am not expecting to be blown away. I guess I can always make old fashions..

after a solid day of cold weather hunts.
West Fork Whiskey Co. A local Indiana whiskey distillery from Nap Town (Indianapolis for you non Hoosier folk.) Surprisingly wonderful for its price range.

Rye-ter's Block

20211113_192515.jpg

a nice Rye.

for little money, hand batch signed on side of bottle!

be well all.

camo

Top Bottom