What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Had pours of WT101 and Dant over the weekend. It's been a while since I had the WT101, and honestly with all the hype I was a bit disappointed. Will see how the rest of the bottle goes. The Dant continues to have this unique apple candy flavor to me which I don't hate, but also don't love.

I hope it goes better on the WT101, just bought a Litre of the stuff... Have not opened the bottle yet but soon.

5FF05E87-8FF2-469F-B689-E1ED8263BE32.jpeg

Boulevardier with Iris Sweet Vermouth and Weller Special Reserve. Richer cocktail than the Old Pal. Both enjoyable.

I hope it goes better on the WT101, just bought a Litre of the stuff... Have not opened the bottle yet but soon.
Don't take it as me being critical. It's a perfectly fine bourbon. It seems a bit over-hyped perhaps, but you shouldn't be disappointed. There's absolutely no reason it couldn't be used as a mixer if nothing else. I'm sure you will enjoy your purchase.

Had pours of WT101 and Dant over the weekend. It's been a while since I had the WT101, and honestly with all the hype I was a bit disappointed. Will see how the rest of the bottle goes. The Dant continues to have this unique apple candy flavor to me which I don't hate, but also don't love.

I enjoy 101 in an old fashioned as it has enough ABV to cut through the ice and fixins’ of a decent OF. After a couple of those to smooth the edges I’ll sip it neat. It’s never going to rock my world but it’s not going to disappoint either. YMMV.

I enjoy 101 in an old fashioned as it has enough ABV to cut through the ice and fixins’ of a decent OF. After a couple of those to smooth the edges I’ll sip it neat. It’s never going to rock my world but it’s not going to disappoint either. YMMV.
That's kinda where I feel about it...though I tend to drink my whiskey neat more often than not. I'm just too lazy to bother with a cocktail. I intended to have a pour last night, but ended up too busy and didn't feel like it. The positive is that nights like that inform me that I'm fully in control and don't have any problems. Well, at least in relation to consumption.

I intended to have a pour last night, but ended up too busy and didn't feel like it. The positive is that nights like that inform me that I'm fully in control and don't have any problems. Well, at least in relation to consumption.
Night off for me, too, last evening, but back at it with a light aperitif this evening!
1195EF73-C656-4477-8BD0-4B1563E03760.jpeg
F4D6E29A-1212-4D3C-9602-B3C3A9CF2825.jpeg

Little more than an ounce with ice water. A bit on the thin side. I’ll split the difference with 1.5 oz next time around.

Top Bottom