What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Went down to Fifth Avenue S in Naples for a show. Rare occurrence! Plenty of good eats and cocktails there. The soup is crab and roasted corn chowder. The best plate was octopus with white beans. I would rather have had Spanish vermut to match the octopus, but there was none on the menu. The Bee’s Knees was good because the Lavender and Thyme were barely detectable.

Went down to Fifth Avenue S in Naples for a show. Rare occurrence! Plenty of good eats and cocktails there. The soup is crab and roasted corn chowder. The best plate was octopus with white beans. I would rather have had Spanish vermut to match the octopus, but there was none on the menu. The Bee’s Knees was good because the Lavender and Thyme were barely detectable.

Great pairing, the Bee's Knee with Crab and Corn Chowder is 'Steel' approved :thumbup:, now I'm hungry... :o16:

proxy.php

Balvenie + Fuente + 90° = copacetic. Cheers my friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to expand my wine appreciation. Last night was Chianti Reserva with burgers on the grill and tonight is Riesling and Pinot Grigio, with steamed cod dinner with the wife. I also have a bottle of moscato to go with dessert if we are up for it!

Lovely! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to expand my wine appreciation. Last night was Chianti Reserva with burgers on the grill and tonight is Riesling and Pinot Grigio, with steamed cod dinner with the wife. I also have a bottle of moscato to go with dessert if we are up for it!

The Chianti Reserva good red, great kick at 12.5 ABV, I'm a fan and a great choice for the burgers ! I always like any white on a summer evening as well.

The Moscato wines are difficult for my palette, too sweet. The wife's mom loves them, several bottles have been through the house on the way to hers :biggrin1:

Okay the egg white for the the whipped meringue, is this a mod using Gin instead of Rum on a Mango Foam?
I’ll have to look up Mango Foam, so I’m thinking no. I had this mango syrup and wanted to substitute in the next cocktail I made that required simple syrup. I was going for a gin sour and just substituted the mango syrup for simple syrup. My wife said she could really taste the mango, but I really couldn’t detect it. I really enjoyed the mix of lemon ribbon and spray bitters aroma as I took a sip, though!

I just watched a youtube video of someone whipping up a mango foam with an iSi whipper, which uses nitro cartridges. Not investing in that! The foam is strictly from shaking the egg whites and other ingredients; first dry, then with ice.

I’ll have to look up Mango Foam, so I’m thinking no. I had this mango syrup and wanted to substitute in the next cocktail I made that required simple syrup. I was going for a gin sour and just substituted the mango syrup for simple syrup. My wife said she could really taste the mango, but I really couldn’t detect it. I really enjoyed the mix of lemon ribbon and spray bitters aroma as I took a sip, though!

Its not a well known drink recipe as far as I know... I heard of it from a bartender who was going through a foam drink period and was experimenting with CO2 and N2O foaming canisters. You use either of those by chance for your foam?

Never mind I just saw your above post, I left this one unedited above to show the irony and similar :lol: thoughts...

Top Bottom