What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

No EtOH today. After a hellacious return to the MTB park this afternoon, mixed up lemonade, pomegranate juice, and a Passionfruit La Croix. Make it two!

1592830230313.png

Jim what do you think of this one compared to their bottlings that have been around longer? I haven't tried it yet, have heard mixed reviews.

To me, it has a bit rougher taste. It was a Father's Day gift from my daughter-in-law. I was surprised there is no age statement on it. It is not as smooth as the 12 year Glenlivet. It has zero smoke taste to it. Critics say it is "sweet" but I don't get that at all. I heard that the 12 year will be dropped. If so, I will miss it.

It’s one of my favourite drinks to make and enjoy at home. I also like having an Americano, which as I’ve typed this I’ve realised I am definitely in the mood for later.
Joint second favourite cocktail is a Manhattan.

Cheers!

(although in my book the Manhattan has no peer :))

Makers Mark. Neat. Never bought it before.
If you like the general nature of Makers and you also like bonded/cask strength bourbons, (and if you drink it neat, there's some probability of that) you might also try Makers Cask Strength. I've had several expressions of it and they ranged from "very good" to "I'm writing down the cask number and raiding every local store to buy as many as I can find."

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I ventured out to the root cellar this afternoon in search of something unusual. What to my bleary eyes should appear but a case of cider from almost exactly three years ago?

It's excellent cider, and has aged well. Two glasses and I'm going to leave the rest of the bottle for tomorrow.

Very nice with lamb barbacoa tacos -- really just a carrier for homemade adobo...

I'll be sleepin' under this tree over here.

O.H.

Top Bottom