What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave what did you think of this? I almost picked up some of their stuff via a wine forum deal, but didn't pull the trigger as I wasn't able to find many reviews
I like what would be the thicker, jammier, fruit full pinots because I'm not that much of a Pinot fan. This has a lower acid than most Pinots which I liked, but wasn't as bold as I like. I would say it's a nice median between the typical acid pintos and what would be my favorites.

Old Forester. Cheap bottle, but enjoyable neat. From the same distillery as Woodford Reserve. Uses the same mashbill as Woodford Reserve, including 18% rye, but it's certainly not a spicey rye monster. I can see how those in the know use Old Forester in their mint julep instead of Woodford Reserve.

Ancient Age. Fourth of July calls for cheap American lagers and bourbon!

@DS/B MCS Your bourbon selection is top notch. If you were my neighbor, I'd be knocking on your door! :thumbup1:

We were in Laughlin NV for a few days. While there we had a drink called the Pickled Irishman. Consists of a shot of Jameson followed by a shot of pickle juice! Two of my friends suggested it and all of us had one. It was actually very nice. The bartender said it was also known as a pickleback. The theory is that the pickle brine is supposed to smooth out the alcohol taste of the Jameson.

image.jpg
Ancient Age. Fourth of July calls for cheap American lagers and bourbon!

@DS/B MCS Your bourbon selection is top notch. If you were my neighbor, I'd be knocking on your door! :thumbup1:
Thanks
I do have a few bottles stashed back for trading purposes, but the majority are for enjoying. My neighbor has a brewing set-up, so we do flights of beer, bourbon, and rum on a frequent basis.

Top Bottom