What's new

What are the chances?

Nope, that's straight from a vendor :117:
Boo.gif

So, call me insane, but I gave it a good "revamp". Scrubbed it under warm water and peeled off a few layers of the soap.
I already gave half of the amount to two friends, who knew the full story and still wanted to try it.
Now begs the question, do I muster the same courage they have to try it or do I just PIF the rest of it?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
It's soap; I say to try it. I would be interested in your review as Soapy Bathman is on my list of soaps to eventually try (fellow Canadian, avoid customs/duty as a bonus)

I have to ask, how do you know that is a shaving soap?
It's a shaving soap by Soapy Bathman, a Canadian artisan.
So, call me insane, but I gave it a good "revamp". Scrubbed it under warm water and peeled off a few layers of the soap.
I already gave half of the amount to two friends, who knew the full story and still wanted to try it.
Now begs the question, do I muster the same courage they have to try it or do I just PIF the rest of it?
The soap in that container looks like smaller pieces shoved together and does not look like belonging there.
This is why I asked how do you know for sure it is a shaving soap, or even the soap described on the label. Have you had this soap before?
Just a thought.

The soap in that container looks like smaller pieces shoved together and does not look like belonging there.
This is why I asked how do you know for sure it is a shaving soap, or even the soap described on the label. Have you had this soap before?
Just a thought.
Ah, now I understand your question. I believe it is the same soap because I broke it to small pieces for the cleaning I did and it all looked and smelled the same. Same color and texture. This is my first experience with the soap, so who knows.
They used to have some interesting scents, like bananas and bacon so that's part of the reason I bought it.
I would send those photos to the vendor and ask for an exchange or credit!! Just my $0.02.
Thanks, I already got an apology and my money back.

..They used to have some interesting scents, like bananas and bacon so that's part of the reason I bought it...
That's funny. I knew about this soap maker for some time but the fact that one could spend time developing a bacon scented soap kept me from buying from them.
No offense.

That's funny. I knew about this soap maker for some time but the fact that one could spend time developing a bacon scented soap kept me from buying from them.
No offense.
Haha, different strokes for different people. I like bacon, so I wouldn't mind shaving with something that smells similar.
They received some good reviews and they have many other scents :001_smile

Haha! Well it's there, might as well try it. Sometimes when I buy used soap, if it's a hard or solid puck I spray alcohol on top. Then I wash the top, load heavily with a big brush and then throw away the lather. Re-wash the top and dry it overnight.

Speaking of bacon, I seem to recall a good friend told me his WK soap reminded him of bacon. Cuero Oscuro I think that was. Not exactly sure, it's been a while.

Anyway good luck with that soap, glad you got taken care of.

Top Bottom