What's new

what are the best "cheap" soaps?

VDH Deluxe (Walmart) <$2.00/puck - Good Quality, minimal scent, slighly drying. (good for my oily summer skin, but I add a few drops of glycerin to lather in winter months.

Arko - Good quality tallow shave stick from Turkey Can be bought in bulk for slightly more than a dollar/stick at Amazon if bough in 15 stick quantity. (this will last you for years).

Palmolive - Gut 2.2 European shave stick that sells cheaply in Europe, can be bought in the U.S. for around $4.00 per stick.

RazoRock soaps, most are currently running around $4.00 stick.

La Toja stick
Wilkinson Sword Stick (the electric blue one, with tallow and lanolin)

I find VDH Deluxe and Col Conk Almond to work very well given their price. But as it has been said, look for value than absolute cheap.

Mentioned before; Arko and Palmolive sticks. These are both cheap and great value.

Give Williams a try; some don't get it to work and some really don't like it but I love it and so do others.

VdH is cheap and lathers easily but is per shave probably the most expensive soap I ever used. TOBS and Dr.Harris, to name a few, are a lot cheaper in use and much better products imo.

Last week I bought 3 tubes of Proraso (C.O.Bigelow at Bath & Body Works) for $6.67 each.

IMO that value beats Williams (or Conk's, for that matter) cheapness.

You heard the gents, believe me all the answers will be same.

arko
palmolive
wilkinson
la toja
vdh

and so. All of these are very good soaps for a minimalist shaver, each will give satisfactory results, especially for their low prices.

Couple of cheap soaps to keep in mind are the wilkinson sword blue stick and erasmic shave soap in the small black tub. Both of these are cheap and work well, although I understand they are difficult to get hold of in the USA

For value, Klar Kabinette is very economical. I'm finding that using it as a shave stick and face lathering works very well. It tends to take a bit more soap to get a good lather than, say, LaToja, but it's good stuff when you get the lather right. 500 grams for about 20 dollars is a lot of soap for the money.:001_smile

Monsavon for 1.20&#8364;

proxy.php

Monsavon is the VDH of France?! I didn't know it was that inexpensive...I knew it wasn't expensive, but geez. I have a bowl of that, and it's great.

I'm quite happy with my $5 tube of C.O. Bigelow (Proraso) from B&BWorks. Had to have my fiancee go in to pick it up for me though - all the scents in that place make my allergies go nuts.

Top Bottom