What's new

Wee Scot.... In Action....

full

full

full

full

full

full

Impressions - Well.... it worked..... and for a surprising 3 passes (and might have had another one left in it). Overall? I am pretty underwhelmed. It was a fair amount of effort to lather up ones face with this thing, it was NOT luxurious in the slightest, and it did not make near the quality of lather of a full size simpson.... don't get the wrong impression, it made quality and very shave worthy lather, but it was not merengue like, or thick like that of a full size brush. Also - due to the size, it is a but prickly on the skin, which I normally don't mind, and actually enjoy a bit, but since the bristle is so short, it is a bit TOO prickly. The jiist is - the brush works.... and it works decent.... but it is not even close to luxurious, feels absurbly dinky, is not comfortable to use, is more effort than a standard brush, and requires a bit of water to be added to it after each pass to get the best result. It works much better than expected, but it was a FAR cry from fun and I cannot see myself using it again - unless it was to see how effective the brush was with hard soaps.... but even then.... I really have little to no desire to use this brush ever again. Neat little bugger... but I would not recommend it for actual use, as a $35 C&E best badger or a $20 E-Shave on ebay will give you a HELL of a lot more brush for a small fraction of the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam

Joel: You have a way to describe things that I can not. I had problems with creating a lather with a PJ1 in best and it was a short brush as well. It also felt prickly. I think that you are right, that the bristle loft, being too short, does not give a certain flex to the brush. Sometimes, too much flex is bad, but the PJ1 must have had none.

Sam

This brush looks like something from a girls doll house ? and they dare to ask $65 for such a miniature JOKE ?

In dutch we have a saying for it " Wat de gek ervoor betaald "

Ill leave it for someone else to translate it for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone ought to tell Corey: he's been promoting these little blighters along with his beloved SuperSpeeds. Perhaps that explains the over-inflated price?

Maybe he just has a very small face... :tongue_sm

SSLStudio said:
This brush looks like something from a girls doll house ? and they dare to ask $65 for such a miniature JOKE ?

In dutch we have a saying for it " Wat de gek ervoor betaald "

Ill leave it for someone else to translate it for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have one in English that is similar, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

guenron said:
We have one in English that is similar, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

And I thought it meant "Loose lips, sink ships" or even "Fool me once, shame on me and I uh...... won't be fooled again" .

slcsteve said:
And I thought it meant "Loose lips, sink ships" or even "Fool me once, shame on me and I uh...... won't be fooled again" .
See what you can learn on the forum? Stick around..:Yawn:

Reminds me of the scene from North By Northwest where Cary Grant is trying to shave with that tiny DE razor in the train station bathroom. :lol:

Joel,

If you or anyone else is willing to part ways with the Wee Scot, let me know. I always wanted to try one.

Rol

rols said:
Joel,

If you or anyone else is willing to part ways with the Wee Scot, let me know. I always wanted to try one.

Rol

It's yours for $40 shipped.

Hi all,

I picked up one of these from a member on another site. I too had a hard time getting this one to work well enough to justify its premium price until I tried it with the Nancy Boy cream. Of the five brushes I now, sigh, own, this Scot is easily the best for the NB cream. Makes lots of rich lather and quickly. I now use it exclusively with "brushless" creams and as a travel brush. Anyway, perhaps a possibility for those who bought one of these and have put it away following disappointing results...

s

i find that this brush makes a great little brush...especially for the price. i had a three pass shave tonight using tobs sandlewood and it was a good shave..had to spend 45 seconds washing the leftover cream out of the brush after the shave...it really is a little trooper

Top Bottom