What's new

Wearing Glasses While Shaving

Do you do it?

Most of the time, I wear contact lenses. I always put my lenses in before shaving. On days in which I wear my glasses, however, I don't wear them while I shave. I would never have even thought of it, but I was perusing YouTube one day, watching some shaving videos, when I saw it. A guy lathering up and shaving while wearing glasses! It made me wonder, do other glasses-wearers do the same?

I have visions of myself (pun intended!) lathering up with my glasses on and when I'm done, both lenses are completely covered with lather. :001_tt2:

I used to do it when I was a teenager, but always got soap on my glasses. I never have done it since then. I guess it wouldn't hurt though.

I wear mine almost all the time, including while shaving. Can't see anything without them and I don't wear contact lenses. It hasn't been an issue for me.

shave with a straight while my glasses are on. Its sort of a pain in some areas but nothing that is too big of deal. I also sometimes get a bit of lather on my glasses but i never have gotten a lot.

Been shaving with glasses on since i started with my straight about a year ago and i dont know what it's like without glasses :biggrin1:

If I didn't I would not be able to find my face $blind.gif

I have a pair of old reading glasses that work great for me. I even carry a pair of "cheaters" in my travel shave kit.

Been at this a little over a year and while I never gave it much thought, I always have them on when shaving. Would it make a difference if I didn't because then I would be reliant on the sound and feel rather than a visual cue.
Have to give it a go.

i can not read anything at all without glasses unless is more than 10' away... but i can shave. Of course, is much better with glasses but i can do without.

I wear mine for a moment whilst I trim that edge, it helps keep a line. It scares me to think that people get lather all over their lenses. Does that mean you get an eye full when you're not? Or stab you're pupil with bristles? If that's the case, leaving you're glasses on is probably a smart decision.
:scared:

I have shaved both with and without glasses, but my presbyopia makes it much easier with glasses. I've never gotten lather on the lenses, but if I did, I wouldn't worry about it. A quick rinse and towel dry, and everything is back to normal. That's even easier than cleaning the razor.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
With age, my eyesight is slowly getting worse with time, I find myself taking off my glasses while shaving.
proxy.php

However, the Mrs & I both have 'retractable / telescopic', wall mounted mirrors in our bathrooms that definitely saves us some moderate back pain bending over the basin trying to get a closer look in the mirror. :thumbsup:

Read More: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=16211613

attachment.php

proxy.php
"A person's shaving routine is a mirror in which he[/she] shows his[/her] portrait. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited:
If I didn't I would not be able to find my face
attachment.php

+100. Without my glasses I'm functionally blind if shaving. One of my eyes is over 8 diopters off.

I do get a touch of lather along the bottom edge of each lens, but I certainly don't get lather that blocks my vision. I suppose if I lathered my glasses it might be different!

I wear my glasses shaving with a straight and a safety without any problem, it's a bit of a pain off and on to apply a hot towel and rinsing between passes.

I'm near sighted so don't need glasses to shave, besides I usually shave right after stepping out of the shower. I don't wear glasses there either, lol.

Top Bottom