What's new

WCS (West Coast Shaving) Brand Razor

Made in Germany, hollow 5/8 by the look of it. Should be ok, but I suspect it’d be fairly light if my assumptions are correct.

They say they’ve gone through the German and American Chambers of Commerce to source blades, so I imagine they’re getting unbranded Solingen blades and putting their stamp on it. So should be ok. I have their shavette and am happy with the quality. But I don’t have any experience with their straights.

I don't know how much heft the wooden scales add, but I have a WCS branded straight with black plastic scales and it is super light. I will comment that while it claims to be shave ready, it isn't*. I just got mine back from third party honing, so I'll report back on how it shaves once properly honed.

And wait for them to go on sale for at least 30% off. I've seen 30% off sales twice in as many months.

*unless I somehow dulled it when stropping for the first time, but I was super careful, so I think it was just poorly honed. It cut through stubble so-so, but tugged like crazy, and didn't get me anywhere close to BBS, while a properly honed Gold Dollar did.

Top Bottom