What's new

Wanting boar Knot, similar to Omega Pro 10098

To late, but I don't mind hearing what people would consider similar

"chirp" chirp" "chirp"

I don't care about big brushes and even more big boars with the barber handle, so this is pure speculation based on knot dimensions, but if i wanted a 2nd boar, of similar dimensions and wanted to try another brand, then the 1st and then 3rd brushes here:

Pennelli per artisti | Palermo | Pennellificio Pandolfo

The 1st, is "aluminum covered" handle 26x64mm. The other is "satin nickel" handle, same loft. The other similar brushes have plastic chromed handle, which from experience, can peel off.

What is the allure to The Big Bruiser? With a 65mm loft and a 27mm knot, it could be all over the place.

I have a variety of brushes: badger, boar, horsehair, and synthetic. I like using each type, but they are all different. If you want to stick with boar brushes, the two primary suppliers are Semogue and Omega, although there are others. Some people love Semogue. Some people love Omega. The brushes have a different feel.

I have a 10098 Professional and love it, in spite of its huge loft and large diameter. Omega does make several brushes that are similar in size to the 10098, but which have different handles. However, if the only difference is the handle design, do you really need another brush. I would suggest you try another Omega brush to see if you like a different diameter and loft. It would also be good to try a Semogue brush for comparison. Boar brushes are inexpensive. Unless you are on an extremely tight budget, purchasing a couple should not break the bank.

Hmm. I wasn't explicit enough. I am getting a custom handle. I need a knot for it. I want something I am sure to like, and the Omega Pro is my favorite brush. I would like to find a knot similar is splay, scrub, and size. Any Ideas?

I have one of them coming for my Birthday. The Olive Wood Long Handle ( B25)

What is the allure to The Big Bruiser? With a 65mm loft and a 27mm knot, it could be all over the place.
It works for me. I actually make a mess over my face with smaller brushes. Go figure

It would also be good to try a Semogue brush for comparison
I will probably try one at some time, but from others feedback, I don't think I'll like.

Buy another 10098 and harvest the knot. $12.49 from West Coast Shaving with free shipping.
Thanks, that is what I decided to do. The handle will be made so the knot/barrel can be affixed to it. Which will detract slightly, I won't have boar bristles fighting the wood. Black Palm and Bethlehem Olive Wood.

Thanks, that is what I decided to do. The handle will be made so the knot/barrel can be affixed to it. Which will detract slightly, I won't have boar bristles fighting the wood. Black Palm and Bethlehem Olive Wood.

Post a picture of the finished product!

I had the 10098 and I thought the loft was too high.
I do like the large boar brushes. My two favorites are
Proraso Pro. It is a an Omega pro with a short loft so you get the same awesome big bruiser effect plus substantial backbone and controlled splay (vs mop flop)
Another great option is Omega 011842. Large knot low loft and finer bristles in a nice turned handle. The "higher" end of boar brushes. The bristles are finer so the backbone is a little less than the Proraso Pro, but still much better than the 10098 and similar high lofted "pro" boar brushes.

Great solution!! My guess is that this will get you the brush you are looking for! :a14::a14:

Top Bottom