What's new

Walmart aftershaves

I went to Walmart in the city (I live in a small town in rural Montana. We don’t even have a postal service, it is P.O. Box only.) they had brut, aqua velva, old spice, and Stetson. I hadn’t seen that in years. They didn’t have any clubman. Which is too bad as that’s what I was really after as I have only tried it a few times and that was as a small child. However I was dumbstruck about the Stetson.

I'm outside of Chicago and the Walmarts here carry exactly the same aftershaves. I used to like Stetson in the '80s, but what I smell of it now doesn't seem the same. That, or my tastes have really changed.

I thought the same thing about Stetson, in the 80's it smelled more like an after shave. Now is smells more like medicine and no burn when applied, little more oily then I remember.

I went to Walmart in the city (I live in a small town in rural Montana. We don’t even have a postal service, it is P.O. Box only.) they had brut, aqua velva, old spice, and Stetson.
Per chance, was it the Stetson Cooling Moisture aftershave? Classic Stetson scent with a little menthol; great face feel.

I also have the Stetson cooling moisture in my local walmart as well. I have it and it is OK. Probably won't be replenishing though. Nice bottles though. Still glass.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
What do you know, Stetson in stock at local Walmarts in Calgary as well. Might pick some up, assuming I can smell first so long as it's not in a cage.

I was actually there last night sniffing the same collection. I didn't buy any but the only one that was halfway decent to me was Aqua-Velva. Classic smelling.

Reactions: EdT
Our Walmarts also carry Adidas brand and they carry Gillette cool Wave which is one I like.. of course they have the obligatory skin bracer and brut and the other ones you mentioned plus cremo which is also nice in the different varieties ..
I recently got the cremo iced citron and driftwood which is nice too !!

I’ve been experimenting with the Stetson. I am really impressed with the long term scent. It’s not super strong but an hour after I put it on I still smell a nice scent.

I went to Walmart in the city (I live in a small town in rural Montana. We don’t even have a postal service, it is P.O. Box only.) they had brut, aqua velva, old spice, and Stetson. I hadn’t seen that in years. They didn’t have any clubman. Which is too bad as that’s what I was really after as I have only tried it a few times and that was as a small child. However I was dumbstruck about the Stetson.
All of them are excellent. My two favorites of those are the Stetson and Old Spice

Do all of these inexpensive aftershaves basically perform the same?
The important thing is if they are readily available locally and inexpensive. People here mostly focus on the smell which is really the most unimportant thing since the main purpose of an after shave is to be an antiseptics for cuts and blade abrasion and an astringent to close the pores. You tend to splash on more with an inexpensive aftershave then ones costing a lot more so the cheaper one is more effective in this regard and if it smells good then it's an added bonus !

Top Bottom