What's new

Walgreen Shaving Tresures?

Hawaii's first Walgreen will be opening On November 1st.
What kinds of shaving goodies do I have to look forward too?
BIC Metal? (I have looked high and low and have been unable to locate one in Hawaii).

Mahalo (thanks)

Walgreens, at least for me, have been totally underwhelming. I don't know about their stores elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything of interest to me as a wetshaver in their shaving section. My WalMart (while still lacking) is much better. My Walgreens sells branded Personnas, a couple different brands of designer brushless creams, and the usual array of "'lectric shave" and canned goo. In fact, I stopped there in the hopes of getting some Aqua Velva recently... and they didn't have it!

Unsure about the bic metals. I've never looked.

Of course, there's got to be some sort of stock variation from store to store. Who knows... let us know what you're able to find!

Personnas and Schick injector Blades
Bic Metal
Pinaud Clubman AS
Pinaud Clubman talc
Aqua Velva Products including their own knock off version.
Other Various Shave Balms
Old Spice Products

==Tom

Van der Haagen (sp?) shaving soaps, previously known as Surrey. Pretty good stuff, really, and under $2 each. I use it frequently.

YMMV but my Walgreens has Williams and Van Der Hagen shave soaps, a small assortment of Pinaud, and half-way decent DE blades.

--Mark

Thanks guys. I will check it out and report back.

I have noticed that when new stores open here they carry a huge line up of products. Over time that line up gets smaller and smaller. I am guessing they are looking at sales patterns and adjusting stock.

Hope they bring in those BIC Metals. I have been looking everywhere for them to no avail.

They sell a private label product called Men's Zone. I have not used the shaving products but the pomade and gel are great!. I believe that it is made by J. Crew. Same packaging, $4-$5 ea. which equate to 1/2 the price. Beware of their d.e. razor blade 10 pks. Try them if you must but you will only get 1 really good shave and at $5.50/pk. their not cheap. Hawaii...I wish to someday visit your fine paradise.

Personnas and Schick injector Blades
Bic Sensitive but no Bic Metal
Pinaud Clubman AS
Pinaud Clubman talc
Aqua Velva Products including their own knock off version.
Other Various Shave Balms
Old Spice Products

The thing I have noticed about "Walgreens" or any other chain when they open a new store is the "old standbys" are usually eliminated. So the newer the store the fewer "shaving treasures" I find. It seems that the older stores in the older urban areas have more of the old school stuff especially if it has an older population in the vicinity.

remeber that even if it is a chain store, the stock in that store will be set by a study of the local market, meaning that its possible that you wont find in hawaii stuff you can find in a store from the same chain in L.A or new york,

The Bic Metals are sporadic, but some of the Pinaud Products are fairly Walgreen's universal. Don't ignore the Men's Zone lotion.

+1 on the Pinaud Clubman.
Also, the Bic Metals are hit and miss. If you are looking for FREE Bic Metals, you can email Bic and ask them for a list of local stores that carry them. DON'T FORGET to add your address to the email, and they will send you a complimentary pack or 2 of the Bic Metals. They sent me two 5 packs for free.

Mahalo!

Top Bottom