What's new

W8 upload pics

Perhaps the win8 viewing application locally stores the mod info?

could be..

I don't recall having the issue with W7. Later on I will try uploading the same test pics on my W7 machine and see what happens.

then at least I'll know it's a W8 issue, and not the camera or browser etc.

but why did post 18 work, and post 19 not? that's what puzzles me. they were both taken with the same camera and rotated with the integrated W8 software.

so i just sent the image from my W8 machine to my W7. it shows in my gMail as proper orientation, but when i D/L it, it turns it.

another test pic. 1st one, unchanged, 2nd one rotated and upoaded in W7
$Rooney Old Stock ST2 (1).jpg $Rooney Old Stock ST2 (1) - Copy.jpg

ok, it's definietely something in W8, so at least i can focus on that now.

when i view my pics in my profile, the above pic looks 100% perfect on my W7 machine, proper size, proper orientation.

i turn about and open up my profile in W8 and it's sideways.

I hope it's ok for me to keep this thread going, as it's in the TEST thread and i can only troubleshoot if by uploading pics (all resized small)

pic from profile on W7:
$Untitled picture.jpg'

pic from profile on W8:
$Untitled picture.jpg

the second one is still off.

yeah, that was a screen clipping/screen shot, that i saved and uploaded. just to show how it shows on my W8 pc vs the pic right above, which is the same image on my W7 machine.

i'll take a break from testing and give my brain a rest and see if something clicks as to what it may be.

for the time being, it appears my rotated and uploaded pics are viewing fine for others, just not from my W8 machine (not sure about others W8 machines).

if you want to test it for me Global, you could click on my profile, view my images and tell me how my new ROONEY ST2 picture shows on your machine, in thumbnail and when you click on it.

it shows sideways & squished for me on my W8 and perfect on my W7: http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/40711&catid=member&imageuser=36370

Last edited by a moderator:
My phone makes problems for me as well bruce, as my phone auto corrects orientation for me, and if i view on computer it looks right. but if i take that photo into a editor, like picasa online, or into even paint it does show it sideways, i often have to flip them save then post, i know on my phone if i am holding the phone in landscape with the mic to my right hand and the speaker to the right when i take photos that is the correct to pot orientation, any other way will give me a sideways shot unless i correct it

thanks James...are you sure you aren't holding the phone upside down?

$George-W-Bush-phone.jpg
hey look at that....http pics upload and appear fine on my W8 machine :biggrin1:

trying to start at 3:20 mark, where PT takes Jack White to school on the guitar :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
test "thread started" function?

i just saw it on another thread and it appears to be automatic.

Nice addition guys!

Top Bottom