What's new

Vulfix Brushes

I am thinking of buying a Vulfix badger brush. Anyone have any experience with these brushes? Do you have one that you would recommend?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have lots that I would recommend.

Generally I find them slightly less dense than the Simpsons, closer to my Kents. The hair is the same as for Simpson but handled slightly differently and graded slightly differently it seems. Pure in both seems very similar. The Vulfix Super and Simpson Best seem comparable and the Vulfix Silvertip and Simpson Super seem the same.

proxy.php

A #377 Super Badger seems to be missing.​

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
They are fantastic. Compared to Simpson Vulfix brushes tend to have bigger handles, much less density in the knots and taller lofts. All this makes these brushes flexible and a bit "floppy". But they can produce a really outstanding lather.

My very first badger over 20 years ago was a Vulfix # 18 Pure. I still have it, still use it and still love it.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The third from the left in the picture above is a badger/boar brush that was made for Gimbels. It's classic boar and likes a nice soak before use.

proxy.php

I am thinking of buying a Vulfix badger brush. Anyone have any experience with these brushes? Do you have one that you would recommend?

I have four of them.... and as Marco said, are fantastic shaving brushes with excellent lather flow.

Vulfix 2234 Silver-tip in faux handle. Interesting brush with a luxurious feel, soft, a bit floppy, yet surprisingly firm in use.

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor badger - boar mix. This is a very firm brush, ideal to use it with hard soaps. It will make you wondering why you paid much more money for other higher end brushes. This brush has an excellent lath turn handle, which at the end of the useful knot life you can re-knotted it with a more expensive badger knot

Vulfix 660S small size Super badger. Inexpensive brush with a supreme super badger knot, due to the handle is injection moulded and not lather turned.

Vulfix 2190 pure badger. This is an ideal travel brush which comes with a travel tube. Inexpensive, scrubby but slightly prickly, ideal to use it with shaving sticks. This brush has the most backbone of all Vulfix brushes.

I have 2 and would definitely recommend

My first ever "decent" brush was a Vulfix 1016 pure badger which is still going strong, great in use with a slightly skritchy feel

Last Christmas got the Vulfix 2234 silvertip with faux horn handle mentioned above and love the soft and luxurious feel of it

Top Bottom