What's new

Voskhod's: The smooth-ness of Teflon.

I finally reached the end of my first Voskhod and got 6 shaves out of it which was perhaps one more than I really should have. My blade before that was a Rapira which I got 1 shave less from. There's little to choose between the two in terms of performance but the Rapira wins on value for money. If I were sensible I'd probably go with Rapiras for my next bulk purchase, but in true B&B tradition I'll probably buy both :biggrin1:
Thanks again to ArNav for the PIF.

Very similar story for me too. I get between 5 and 6 shaves from a Voskhod and between 4 and 5 from the Rapira Platinum Lux. They both start off shaving very smoothly but the RPL falls away earlier.

I've got a few packs of Ladas and Rapira Super Stainless to try soon, I'll probably move the Ladas into the rotation at the end of next week.

Very similar story for me too. I get between 5 and 6 shaves from a Voskhod and between 4 and 5 from the Rapira Platinum Lux. They both start off shaving very smoothly but the RPL falls away earlier.

I've got a few packs of Ladas and Rapira Super Stainless to try soon, I'll probably move the Ladas into the rotation at the end of next week.

The Rapira I'm referring to is this one not the Platinum Lux

$140.jpg

I guess even a hoard starts with one blade. I got a Voshkod sample with my new 37C Slant and really like the results! I'm thinking of ordering more of them.

IMHO the best blades from those sample packs are the Gillette Rubies, seriously smooth and sharp, kind of like a Feather mated with an Astra and a Rubie was born.

After having only used Derby..and then Astra SP - Voskhod is the next blade I am trying.
Excited to see how it will work after reading all this.

Did the courier WALK from St. Petersburg and swim from Oslo?!?!

Yep you would have thought so. :confused1. Still they are here now so I'm happy.

I ordered on the 25th of August they arrived on the 18th of September. They seem to have been stuck in limbo either on their way out of Russia or on their way into the UK. Looking at the tracking information it now looks more likely to be on the way out of Russia because of the Russian post code on the 15th of September.

$Russian Post Tracker.jpg

They all arrived on a folded Voskhod tuck pack card, wrapped in bubble wrap then a layer of black plastic (similar to heavy duty bin bags) then lots of tape to hold it together and finally placed in an envelope. It took me nearly 5 minutes to get to the blades.

Just jumped the bandwagon too and ordered a sampler, what's 8 more brands to add to my vast collection :scared:. But seriously I am really interested in trying the voskhods $voskhodsSampler.jpgespecially.

Last edited:
It sounds like a lot of us ordered this Russian sampler at about the same time. Lets check back in on this thread or make a new one to review the blades and advise how long they took to arrive.

I am anticipating at least a month for the courier to walk to Oslo. From there, a swim to the Shetlands, then Iceland, then Greenland, then finally Quebec. From there, another long slog down to the CONUS.

I am anticipating at least a month for the courier to walk to Oslo. From there, a swim to the Shetlands, then Iceland, then Greenland, then finally Quebec. From there, another long slog down to the CONUS.

Or you could order from shave a buck and get them within a week. $15/100 to boot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom