What's new

Vision problems

tried both ways, wont budge,

Well, maybe Merkur has made some engineering change since my razor was made. The only thing that keeps that piece from coming off on my razor is the button on the bottom of the razor. Removing the button and turning the silo adjustment sleeve clockwise results in the sleeve coming right off the razor. There is absolutely no resistance.

You can probably still do the Vision surgery with the sleeve in place. If you turn the sleeve fully counter-clockwise and look at the bottom of the razor, you will see a silver screw that is hollow in the middle. You need to find the correct size screwdriver to fit this screw. Now hold the razor head and unscrew the screw (normal right hand thread). It may be hard to turn at first but will loosen up. This will allow you to separate the head from the handle. NOTE - once you do this, you will need to use threadlock to lock the handle to the head.

Unscrewing this screw allows more adjustment room for the VISION blade exposure adjustment knob. You may be able to simply unscrew the screw enough to get the adjustment range you want without actually removing the handle. This assumes that there will still be enough factory applied threadlock left to sufficiently lock the head and handle together. If after doing the adjustment, the lock is not sufficient, you will need to separate the handle from the head and reapply threadlock.

I hope this makes some sense.

Lou

Top Bottom