What's new

Virtual pipe club.

Anybody interested in a "virtual pipe club", I am starting one at Google+ where up to 10 people can video conference at once, since we are so scattered I thought this might be a cool idea, you would need to set up a Google+ account (free) and PM me your email address if you are interested.

Yeah I smoke outside also usually at night. Just so happens my kids had a spare webcam who'd a thunk it! LOL

I added everyone who as contacted me so far, you should get a message inviting you to join the group, we will just have to come up with a time to "meet up" that will work for all.

I probably have the most open scheldule so let's try to come with one day/time a week that we can meet or possible two if someone can't make the first session.

Looking like this Saturday (1/12) around 9pm EST is on this week's scheldule, if you would like to be invited please make sure you have a Google+ account setup and download the Google+ video plug-in and send me your email address so I can add you to the circle.

Saturday (1/12) around 9pm EST is on this week's schedule for the first "Virtual Pipe Meet", if you would like to be invited please make sure you have a Google+ account setup (free) and download the Google+ video plug-in and send me your email address so I can add you to the circle, might even be a few YouTube celebrities there ;)

It's a cool idea, though I can't take part right now as I smoke outdoors and my laptop might not care to much to be in the snow and ice. I really look forward to this in the spring though! I'm actually going out with my pile club tonight for some beers and if it isn't freezing cold we will also have a smoke outside the pub as well.

Thanks again for setting this up last night Aaron. Very nice meeting you and a few other guys from the forum. I think this was a great idea and a nice way to talk pipes with guys that don't live near each other or have access to a cool pipe club like hunter^^^^:thumbup1:

For any that are curious, I was able to use my cell phone for the virtual pipe meeting. Downloading the google+ app gave me the capability, which is nice for those who have to smoke outside and obviously don't want to lug their computer out into the elements. Aside from eating up my battery a bit, it worked very nicely.

That was a fantastic idea and I would love to give it a try once the weather returns to tolerable (I dont even need nice).

The temps are unbelievably mild, but the rain and fog keep me inside (and I can only pipe outside)

Yeah, I had a great time meeting everyone, next meet up is on Saturday January 26th at 9PM EST, I am thinking bi-weekly on ever other Saturday so people who can't attend one meet may make it for the next, if you are interested in this and haven't sent me your email address please do so I can send you the details and an invitation.

Blade Boy,

What happens if we get more than 10 people? Will Google+ just not allow more than 10 to log in to the chat? Would hate to see some brothers not be able to log on. I guess we could always have 2 chat rooms going. Just thinking out loud.

Blade Boy,

What happens if we get more than 10 people? Will Google+ just not allow more than 10 to log in to the chat? Would hate to see some brothers not be able to log on. I guess we could always have 2 chat rooms going. Just thinking out loud.
Yeah, it's a max of ten people, I don't know 2 chats would work, I have a feeling more people will being coming but some will probably get bored with it, my have to look for a better alternative if turn out gets too big.

I'm an outdoor smoker like some others here. I am going to try and use my iPad. That said, I don't assume that one has to be smoking to sit in? I'm interested in just keeping my ears open to learn what I can.

I'm an outdoor smoker like some others here. I am going to try and use my iPad. That said, I don't assume that one has to be smoking to sit in? I'm interested in just keeping my ears open to learn what I can.
No, you don't have to be smoking, some others last week weren't smoking either.

Top Bottom