What's new

Vintage sunglasses What do you have?

I actually have a pair of vintage USGI (BCG) frames that were made into prescription shades. Definitely bombproof, and a lot more stylish than I had expected.

WOW! We need pics!!! Sounds like fun (Persols). I think its cool when people use regular sunglasses and put perscriptions in them. :)

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have a pair of Carrera with Zeiss T* Sun glass prescription lenses, it is very old, but I still used it for driving, best glasses I ever had.

I have Ray Ban Aviator (Black), Clubmaster and a couple of Wayfarers (inc. a pair of LE tortoise with big green flecks) that must be about twenty-five years old. I have a pair of Vuarnet Glacier Glasses that are about the same age too. I guess that they're vintage now, but they were new when I got them!

Totally cool on the Glacier shades. I have a pair of 5544 Carrera glacier glasses that are NIB! They even have the reciet from Nov. 28 1989! (They are in the pics I first posted.) I left out the other. I would love to see pics!!! :)

Over the years I've lost vintage sunglasses of all types, mostly Rayban Wayfarers though. Now I wear prescription Oakleys. Expensive, due to the lenses, but by far the best sunglasses I've ever worn.

Only vintage shades I have are these vintage military-issue jobs my dad wore in Vietnam.

The top reinforcement bar was removed at some point.

Love 'em.

I took a modern pair of American Optical Original Pilot sunglasses and modified them the same way with a dremel tool.

proxy.php

I found a pair of Bosch and Lomb Green Motorcycle glasses in the original box. These are for sale at vintage glasses and not the ones I bought but mine are in just as good condition with the box.

Attachments

• b&l green steampunk motorcycle goggles_1.jpg
    b&l green steampunk motorcycle goggles_1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 20
I have two pair, both vintage Ray Ban Wayfarers: one in black and one in tortoise. These are mostly what I wear (the tortoise mostly). I bought them new as a younger man.

I have a newer pair of the Italian New Wayfarers in black and they are fine but don't compare to the vintage I have. I vastly prefer the vintage. I mostly use the new ones to mow the lawn.

Chris

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Are vintage sunglasses a thing? I go through sunglasses so quickly, I have a hard time conceiving that any last long enough to become vintage.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I was ratting around today and found these, and I thought of this thread.

I haven't found any brand name on them anywhere, but from the style maybe they are from the '40s? They may be Granddad's so that may place from the '20s or 30s. I don't have a clue.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, my next pair will be a vintage style- American Optical Aviators with bayonet temples.

I have a pair of restored WW2 era B&L ray bans in 18kt gold I probably overpaid for at a vintage sunglasses specialty store in Las Vegas. They’re really nice, and I use them in one of my cars that has a heads up display (lenses aren’t polarized so it doesn’t wash out the display). I generally wear modern Maui Jim’s though as I find their optics unrivaled.

Top Bottom