What's new

vintage personna

I just got a 10 pack of personna super platinum chrome, on the back of the package it states there is tungsten in the blades, are these the same type that are found in the 74 series?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-23-14-57-54.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-23-14-57-54.png
    630.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2018-03-23-14-58-03.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-23-14-58-03.png
    564.1 KB · Views: 31
I have been trying to pick up a few vintage blades when i see the cheap just to collect them, these were decent priced, didnt realize they had tungsten in them until i zoomed in on the back.

I just got a 10 pack of personna super platinum chrome, on the back of the package it states there is tungsten in the blades, are these the same type that are found in the 74 series?

I bought a 20 pack that looked exactly like the 10 pack you posted and when I slid out the first blade it had Personna 74 printed on it.

From what i have read if i dispense a blade and it has a 74 then its a tungsten steel blade, of not it just has a tungsten coating. Also apperantly there is something with the size of the arrows also but im not familar enough with vintage personnas to tell the difference. I had given up hope trying a 74 blade as i have never found any cheap enough to buy, hopefully they are, if not i still have some great vintage blades.

I have Personna Injector blades that are mfg'd the same. May not be Personna 74s, but they are the longest lasting injector blade I've used.

In my Uncles stores he sold Personna and the 74s had it on the blister pack and on the blades itself. I can recall that much. Dad never used them but my Uncle did. Personally never tried them but they are from what I read here is the holy grail

Derby says they have a mishmash of coatings and tungsten may be one of them. I know it reads like a restaurant menu for coatings but it's not these blades that is for sure. Nice score!

Top Bottom