What's new

vintage 1976 williams soap (tallow based?)

Williams at the time of its demise reminds me of the Los Angeles Rams when they moved to St Louis. They were no longer worth having. Luckily the Rams were greatly improved when they moved back, even winning a Super Bowl. Maybe, just maybe, Williams could do the same (very wishful thinking).

A few years back a friend gave me some Watkins in a wooden bowl that had belonged to her uncle. Scent was gone but latered quite well.

I have 2 pucks of Colgate. After using the vintage Williams - Colgate really can't measure up Williams. However, I will continue to keep using it.
I believe there were more than one version of the Colgates, and one was far superior to the other. Or I could be misremembering.

I believe there were more than one version of the Colgates, and one was far superior to the other. Or I could be misremembering.
You are remembering correctly the early version of Colgate was the "Cup", the later version was labelled as "Mug" and most believe the Cup was better than the reformulated Mug. I've used several pucks of both and tend to agree, but I still enjoy using the Mug as well.

Last edited:
Been a while since we had a recent Williams thread. The Amazon effect on discontinued products continues unabated for Williams Shaving soap. The recently discontinued pucks are not ranging from $30 to as much as $50 each yet plenty of vintage pucks are on ebay for around $20 each. Nonsensical.

Williams was great value when available at my local grocery store for 99 cents each. Definitely better options out there at $10+ let alone $50.

Been a while since we had a recent Williams thread. The Amazon effect on discontinued products continues unabated for Williams Shaving soap. The recently discontinued pucks are not ranging from $30 to as much as $50 each yet plenty of vintage pucks are on ebay for around $20 each. Nonsensical.

Williams was great value when available at my local grocery store for 99 cents each. Definitely better options out there at $10+ let alone $50.
I found a steal at a antique store. 2 pucks of vintage Williams and 2 Colgate for $ 8.00.

As they say in Russia: before, the sky was bluer, and the water was wetter, and the girls were more beautiful. :c9:

Top Bottom