What's new

Vegetal tried for the 1st time this morning

Yeah, so I ordered a bottle of this Lilac Vegetal Clubman AS a few months back.......Opened the bottle to sniff it, and it went immediately to the closet, it STUNK!

So today, I wake up and want some kind of change up in the routine, and really cant think of much. Finish shaving, take a shower, come out to spray on my Clubman Vanilla AS, to find out my spray bottle is empty. This is where the idea came from to "mix it up" a little. I said to myself, self, try splashing some vegetal on your grill, without smelling the bottle again. So I did.

It provided the same "smell flashback" to my nose as all the years of using vicks vapo rub under my nose for dead body recoveries. Except this "smell flashback" immediately triggered the "nursing home, on family visiting day" scent........You may know the scent, family visiting days at nasty nursing homes are usually sat & sun. But throughout the week, the place is left to smell of rotten soiled diapers, stale pee smells.......So on family visiting days, they spray some form of Lilac scented air fresheners throughout the buildings......This scent combined with the incontenance Nursing home normal smell, is a perfect description of how this stuff smells like. even three hours later, I still catch a wiff of that....

But the performance, the performance is wonderful! If you are in need of a soothing, toner AS, this is it! My face felt like a smooth as BBS, and it had a nice burn, followed by a nice tingle that lasted 20 mins +.

I think my AS spray bottle will be mixed 50/50 with the Veg & water, to see if I can tolerate a toned down smell of this stuff, because I just cant take that scent. I feel Like im working a cardiac arrest in a nasty nursing home, and I dont deserve that sensation on my days off!

I have a small sample of the VEG left (from Garry). I was not fond of it on the first try, but I will try it again. Definitely going to cut it with WH, or water or something the next time I try it, to see if that makes the scent more tolerable to me.

Though, I likely will not ever buy a full bottle Lilac Vegetal based on my first experience alone.

Totally agree with your review, I am going through some samples of A/s's right now. I also tried it this week. I don't care how well it soothes the face, I would rather live in feedyard, change baby diapers for life or anything other than put that stench on my face. My guess is the fragrance artist who designed this must have been madly passionately in love with a person who was incontent, and hadn't bathed in a couple of years. Its best use would be to spray on persons who are considering working in the medical field to see if they can tolerate the accompanying odors. YMMV.:wheelchair::a16:

Ah, I see im not alone.....sorry for the kinda gross description, but thats honestly what it reminded me of instantly......I dont mean disrespect to the veggie lovers out there. Maybe I will take to the scent like i did with the Tabac, and the "stale cigar, grandpas laundry basket" smell, and now it is more of a "deep woodsy tobacco'ee scent" .....We will see, I will use it sraight for the next week, I already refilled my AS spray bottle with a 50-50 mix......Well see if this tames the wild vegetarian beast!! :)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's a chemistry thing methinks. Absolutely not a scent for everyone.

The cat pee thing notwithstanding, I think it would be a best seller if they had some decent commercials

Last edited by a moderator:
I recieved my bottle in the mail about 2 weeks ago and I am proud to say I AM CHOSEN.

Out of the bottle, the smell is not super pleasant but not reminiscent of urine to me. After it has been on my skin for 5 minutes it starts smelling great. Like being outside on a warm spring day. I have been wearing it at home on weekends but I might try it out at work tomorrow.

Luckily my wife likes it too, but to her, those first 5 minutes actually do smell like urine haha

It's a chemistry thing methinks. Absolutely not a scent for everyone.

The cat pee thing notwithstanding, I think it would be a best seller if they had some decent commercials

Ya know what......Maybe I entered into this progression with the wrong mind set......I definitely have a new attitude for tomarrows (2 days shave) attempt! Thanx for the attitude adjustment. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the Veg. I was not found worthy. I asked my wife how she liked it and I was invited to go and work in the south pasture for the rest of the day.

Top Bottom