What's new

Vector or Dart

I have always been intrigued by the Blackland razors, and as someone who uses and enjoys using both single edge and double edge razors, I've been trying to decide which Blackland razor would be my best choice. I'm not a big fan of Gem style razors, although I have and occasionally use my MMOC. Of the two Blackland DE razors, Blackbird and Dart, the Dart is more appealing both aesthetically and financially. That price differential, of course, also extends to the Vector vs. Dart comparison, with the Vector roughly twice as expensive. My favorite DE to date is the Muhle Rocca, and my favorite AC style razor is the Classic Shaving Enoch. The Rocca has beaten out the Merkur Progress, Merkur Futur, Edwin Jagger DE89, Razorock Game Changer (all versions), Feather AS-D1, Rockwell 6C, Fatip Piccolo and Grande, and probably a few others I can't recall. The Enoch has bested the RazoRock Hawk aluminum and V3 stainless steel, Mongoose stainless steel and OREM.

Given that background, which do you think I would enjoy more, the Vector or the Dart?

I’m about to sell my vector. It’s the only blackland razor I don’t like. It just doesn’t suit me.

The dart is definitely worth owning.

the Sabre and tradere oc getvthe most use though.

I read the Vector is relatively mild. Dart is said to offer flexibility of angles. Plus, I think the Dart is one of the nicest looking razors out there.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Just got my Vector OC.

Awesome razor!

Yesterday's shave:
Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (3)
20201015_162709~2.jpg
20201015_162438~2.jpg
20201015_162232~2.jpg

This shave was absolutely superb - one of the best I've had. 😎

I own the Blackbird, Dart and Vector. Blackbird is the best razor in my big collection. Dart is not bad. Going to sell the Vector, too mild and never got BBS from it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I read the Vector is relatively mild. Dart is said to offer flexibility of angles. Plus, I think the Dart is one of the nicest looking razors out there.

The Dart is definitely one of the nicest looking razors out there. Great performance, too.

The Vector OC allows a similar range of angles.

I own the Blackbird, Dart and Vector. Blackbird is the best razor in my big collection. Dart is not bad. Going to sell the Vector, too mild and never got BBS from it.

The Vector OC may be closer to your preference.

I like all of my Blackland razors - Vector, Blackbird, Sabre and Dart. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Just my opinions.

I only have the Blackland Blackbird, and Dart. The Dart is nice and pretty efficient, nice blade clamping.

I have the Blackbird. Possibly the best razor I own. The Vector is gone. Too mild for me and never achieved BBS with it. Shame, I want to love it.

Top Bottom