What's new

Vaping: One RDA is not like the other

Thanks to cursethis (Jason) I've fallen down the dripping rabbit hole. I purchased an IGO-W4 and a HCigar Nemesis clone to start. After a little trial and error, I fell in love with dripping. Looking to upgrade my RDA, I purchased a Stillare clone by Infinite. I've seen some really good reviews of it online and liked the features. It was in the mail box this past Friday, so after tearing it down and giving it a good scrubbing in dish soap, I built it.

My first build was dual micro coils using 26ga Kanthal which came out to 0.4 ohms, exactly where I'd seen it reviewed, perfect (or so I thought). No matter how I set the air control, either pretty open doing lung hits or nearly closed off to give an airflow similar to what I'm getting on my IGO taking mouth hits, I cough my head off. I pulled one of the coils on Saturday, leaving it at 0.8 ohms, and tried that. Better, though still harsh.

Later on Sunday I pulled the remaining coil out and built dual coils using 30ga Kanthal like I've been doing in my IGO, which usually runs at 0.7-0.8 ohms. The new Stillare build came out to 0.9 ohms, so I figured that would be good. Dripped in some juice and set the air holes nearly closed again, took a hit, more coughing.

I'm using the same juice between the two RDAs. The IGO is giving me zero problems, as usual, so I'm back to using that. I really want to like using the Stillare as I love the look of it on my Nemesis and find the adjustable airflow control to be very convenient, but it's tearing up my throat.

Besides dropping down to 6mg nicotine juice and giving it another scrubbing, I'm not sure how to fix the issue.

Thoughts?

Drop the nicotine level and stay away from high PG juices.

Also, maybe try it with the air holes wide open? Most people who use drippers end up drilling their air holes out even more to get better airflow.

It was the Bombies that was giving me issues, so PG wasn't a problem. I just placed an order on C2C Vaping for some Galactic Misfitz and Epic Strut juices, all at 6mg and the highest VG I could get.

I'll give the air holes wide open a shot again. The holes on the Stillare are HUGE, so it definitely isn't an issue of not having enough air.

It was the Bombies that was giving me issues, so PG wasn't a problem. I just placed an order on C2C Vaping for some Galactic Misfitz and Epic Strut juices, all at 6mg and the highest VG I could get.

I'll give the air holes wide open a shot again. The holes on the Stillare are HUGE, so it definitely isn't an issue of not having enough air.

I don't inhale, but I vastly prefer having more air flow.

Is the vapor too hot for you? You could always get a delrin drip tip or another type that has a cooling effect.

I don't inhale, but I vastly prefer having more air flow.

Is the vapor too hot for you? You could always get a delrin drip tip or another type that has a cooling effect.

Do you get much vapor without inhaling and having a lot of air flow? I just tried it out, I can actually breath through the Stillare with it all the way open.

The vapor was too hot when I was running at 0.4 ohms, but the drip tip wasn't an issue. I wonder how much a delrin drip tip would cool the vapor.

I set the air holes all the way open, that seems to be making a lot of difference. Seems counter to other stuff that I've read, but I'll take it.

Do you get much vapor without inhaling and having a lot of air flow? I just tried it out, I can actually breath through the Stillare with it all the way open.

The vapor was too hot when I was running at 0.4 ohms, but the drip tip wasn't an issue. I wonder how much a delrin drip tip would cool the vapor.

I get a good amount... not as much as cloud chasers who hit it for like 10 seconds, but I don't blow for clouds. All of my stuff is max VG too, so that helps.

Your drip tip is a big component of it. I have a ridiculously long one that's acrylic (I think?) and that cools down the vapor a significant amount. Ditto with my Vapelyfe driptip clone. It's worth a shot and you can buy like a 5 pack on FastTech for under $10.

I've heard good things about the TOBH. When I saw it pop up on Vapor Joe's today I considered ordering one. Let us know how you like it once it comes in!

I thought about getting a TOBH... and then realized I already had 4 RDAs. Not to mention a Tobeco Kayfun 3.1 and a Russian 91% en-route from China.

That said... I plan on eventually having a Kayfun or Russian for each of my ADVs. So, I can just grab whichever flavor I'm in the mood for. Like right now my Kayfun still has Bacco B in it, but I've been beating up on this poor bottle of Nanner Bear ever since it came in today. I have to keep dripping every 5 seconds and it's annoying.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I am really enjoying the Omega dripper I just got. The air holes are huge. I just rebuilt it with a single coil running about 1.2 Ohms. I am afraid to go lower using the 18350 battery. Fully saturated will get me through half a day.

However, the reason I had to rebuild...

The Nemesis 18350 is short, the Omega dripper is short. Together it is only 4 inches tall, including the tip. So I stuck it in my back pocket without locking the button. I sat down, and after about 30 seconds, my butt was of fire (not literally). Fortunately the battery remained cool, but the wick was toasted.

I saw the picture of the Omega on your Nemesis that you posted the other day, the two look great together. I might pick one up at some point as I'd like to give it a try.

I was running my Nemesis in 18350 mode with a 0.7 ohm build last night. My 18350s are 10A output, so even at full charge (~4.2V) I was only pulling 6A from the battery. I didn't have any issues with it other than the mod getting warm faster than in 18650 mode, but I'm attributing that to the fact that there was less metal to spread the heat.

I saw the picture of the Omega on your Nemesis that you posted the other day, the two look great together. I might pick one up at some point as I'd like to give it a try.

I was running my Nemesis in 18350 mode with a 0.7 ohm build last night. My 18350s are 10A output, so even at full charge (~4.2V) I was only pulling 6A from the battery. I didn't have any issues with it other than the mod getting warm faster than in 18650 mode, but I'm attributing that to the fact that there was less metal to spread the heat.

Don't get the Omega from FastTech. They've had issues with the placement of the airholes in the deck. A decent amount of people are getting Omegas with the holes right next to the posts.

Don't get the Omega from FastTech. They've had issues with the placement of the airholes in the deck. A decent amount of people are getting Omegas with the holes right next to the posts.

Surprisingly, I've yet to attempt getting anything from FastTech. It's probably my "gotta have it soon" nature, plus I know how annoyed I'd be if there were issues with something. I may give it a try sometime just to see how it goes, though.

Surprisingly, I've yet to attempt getting anything from FastTech. It's probably my "gotta have it soon" nature, plus I know how annoyed I'd be if there were issues with something. I may give it a try sometime just to see how it goes, though.

It's like getting an unexpected gift. Half the time I forget all about my order and then it magically arrives.

Like I have a Russian 91 clone, some drip tips, a ceramic tweezer, and a hand torch all eventually coming to me. When will they come? No clue... but it'll be a nice surprise for when they do.

i used to drip

then I bought a REO

same experience, less mess and no need to constantly redrip...you have an onboard 6ml bottle, you can buy a reomizer which works well or you can buy one of the low profile REO's an use an atomize of your choice, you will however need to modify it for bottom feeding

i used to drip

then I bought a REO

same experience, less mess and no need to constantly redrip...you have an onboard 6ml bottle, you can buy a reomizer which works well or you can buy one of the low profile REO's an use an atomize of your choice, you will however need to modify it for bottom feeding

Goss, of the Duke fame, it's currently making a new Duke that is kind of like if the Duke and the REO had a baby. I'm kind of stoked for that possibility.

sounds cool, do you have a link?

It's called the Aqua Duke... tentatively.

They mentioned it on an episode of Plumes of Hazard a few weeks back and in a Reddit thread that I can't find at the moment. I did find another thread that had pics from Goss talking about it on 4chan though.

Reddit Thread

Prototype of the Aqua Duke:
proxy.php

Top Bottom