What's new

No more cigs for me

I've been using a vaporizer for almost a year now. I started with an ego setup that my cousin sent me. Shortly later I added a mini Protank 3 and extra evod battery to my arsenal. A buddy of mine gave me an Evod Twist battery not too long ago. The original tank cracked soon after I got it. I've been using the Protank off an on for a while to reduce my cigarette smoking. I just ordered some new stuff to get off the cigarettes completely.

I just received an RSST single coil addy with a pyrex tank. I changed out the cap for an adjustable airflow cap. I also got a different drip tip since I didn't like the huge one that comes standard. I have a mechanical mod that should be here this week along with some cable for a wick and other goodies. I also ordered a DNA 30 clone from Fast Tech that will be here sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I just stepped down to 6mg juice and will likely step down to 3mg as soon as I get my new stuff going. I'm using 1.5 ohm coils in the Protank right now and not getting much vapor production. My intentions are to go with a cable wick and cotton sleeve. I'm thinking I'll start in the neighborhood of 1 ohm builds and work my way down to about 0.5 ohm. I'll have to check my builds with a multi-meter for now since I ordered an ohm meter from Fast Tech instead of a US vendor.

My current favorite juices are Heaven's Candy (6mg) by Mr. Good Vape and Smooth Vanilla (6mg) by Mac Sauce. I've also tried some great stuff from Mt Baker Vapor.

Am I correct in thinking that the main problem is either having the wick catch on fire or shorting the coils to the addy?

The biggest safety issue, especially if subohming, is Ohms Law. Has to do with battery safety, there are some great calculators online. Make sure you are using legit, high quality batteries.

Thank you so much for the info.

The batteries I ordered are Efest 35A batteries. My cousin and my buddy told me I needed to get good quality batteries that were at least 30 amps. I was given a list of battery brands to go with and a list to absolutely stay away from. Thank you for the info. If my math is correct I can go to .106 ohms with the batteries (3.7v/.106=34.9A). I'm not looking at getting anywhere near that number.

Thank you for pointing out that piece of information. I was going purely on guidance from my buddy and my cousin. That could have had some very serious consequences. You know what they say about assumptions. That could have made a disfigured one out of me. I'm glad that I went with the higher amperage batteries for an increased margin of safety.

I ordered an ohm meter with the DNA 30 clone and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Until then I would imagine I can use a digital multi-meter to check.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Thank you so much for the info.

The batteries I ordered are Efest 35A batteries. My cousin and my buddy told me I needed to get good quality batteries that were at least 30 amps. I was given a list of battery brands to go with and a list to absolutely stay away from. Thank you for the info. If my math is correct I can go to .106 ohms with the batteries (3.7v/.106=34.9A). I'm not looking at getting anywhere near that number.

Thank you for pointing out that piece of information. I was going purely on guidance from my buddy and my cousin. That could have had some very serious consequences. You know what they say about assumptions. That could have made a disfigured one out of me. I'm glad that I went with the higher amperage batteries for an increased margin of safety.

Efest are good batteries, you made a wise choice. Your math is pretty good but a simpler method is-if the mod is getting warm, let it cool down. I like to run my RDA's around 0.20, that seems to be my sweet spot but it can cause a warm battery.

I wish you the best on kicking the analogs. I am starting my 9 month cig free.

I'm up and running on my new setup. It's a single coil RSST (pyrex) with the adjustable airflow cap that is standard on the dual coil RSST. The mod is a Nemesis clone. I'm using a stainless steel cable wick without cotton. Essentially, it's built just like a wire mesh build with cable substituted for the mesh since I don't have any mesh.
$RSST.jpg

congrats! I'm using a 30 watt ipv mini with either a lemo or kayfun lite clone at the moment, I actually prefer the kayfun. I'm 3 months almost smoke free. I still have the occasional lapse and have a cig or two, but not often, maybe a pack and a half a month, as opposed to a pack a day, soon I hope to give them up completely though.

Efest are good batteries, you made a wise choice. Your math is pretty good but a simpler method is-if the mod is getting warm, let it cool down. I like to run my RDA's around 0.20, that seems to be my sweet spot but it can cause a warm battery.

I wish you the best on kicking the analogs. I am starting my 9 month cig free.

Which batteries are you using that get warm at .2 ohms? The only time I encountered battery warming issues is when I pushed my VTC5s to .08 ohms. I've never had battery warming even at .15 ohm.

Top Bottom